Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Girls- would you date a short guy? Watch

• View Poll Results: Would you date a short (5'7" or below) guy?
    Yes
    34.00%
    No
    66.00%

(Original post by BigMan Ting)
    HANG ON...

This thread is about 'HEIGHT' and not what someone's face looks like.

Everyone has different tastes in appearance so whatever init
    But short height is unattractive in men. Just like an ugly face is unattractive.

You are of course right that different people have different tastes, but short height is pretty universally considered unattractive in men.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Anonymous)
    But short height is unattractive in men. Just like an ugly face is unattractive.

You are of course right that different people have different tastes, but short height is pretty universally considered unattractive in men.
    Anon makes a good point. It's a natural instinct to be attracted to taller males as it means their offspring will be taller and hence have a better chance of surviving/success.

ReputationRep:
    I hope UWS doesn't see this...
    • Political Ambassador

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by SinsNotTragedies)
    No. As tall as me or above is preferred. But I suppose 1 inch doesn't matter lmao.
    Same vieww hahah but i like it if they are taller

ReputationRep:

Except 5'7" isn't 'short'. It's just below average.
    • Political Ambassador

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Numan786)
    Anon makes a good point. It's a natural instinct to be attracted to taller males as it means their offspring will be taller and hence have a better chance of surviving/success.
    Except that is flawed thinking, as offspring also has a chance of being short. If a short person has short family members and the tall person has short family members then it is highly likely that the offspring is also going to be short.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Pikachū)
    how tall are you?
    5'5
    • Political Ambassador

ReputationRep:

You know the average is 5'9/5'10. Therefore that is considered tall
    Also being taller than woman can mean various things, compare a 5'0 woman to a 5'1 man. He is taller than her.

If she wants to be wearing heels while he's taller than her, I believe that is a superficial statement. I mean, if you're a really tall guy, why would you want to be bending down and hurting your back just to kiss someone? I would prefer a woman taller, or preferably near my height just for the convenience.

ReputationRep:
    Yes. Growing up, my neighbour was significantly larger (in height and weight) than her husband so I feel like I missed the stigma most girls have about mens height.

ReputationRep:
    Yes. My boyfriend is shorter than me, though only by an inch (I'm 5'7, he's 5'6). I'm not too bothered about height, since I don't actually develop feelings for people until I'm doing semi-romantic/close friend stuff like cuddling and hand holding, I usually fall for my friends, and I don't pick them based on height.

ReputationRep:
    When 70% of tsr won't date you , you wonder how much closer it is to 100% in RL

Spoiler:
    Show

I'm on the shorter side and still growing consistantly so I'm not really worried tbh
    • TSR Support Team

Guess some girls do date shorter guys, past couple of girlfriends I have had have been somewhat taller than me.

(Original post by Ladbants)
    I hope UWS doesn't see this...
    @UWS

ReputationRep:
    @UWS
    UWS

ReputationRep:
    Height isn't everything, I've been told I'm tall but I never get any girls.

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: January 28, 2017
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    What newspaper do you read/prefer?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.