Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    Hi!

I have two pharmacy interviews coming up, in Medway and uni of herts. Do you have any advice on how to best prepare. Should I dress formally for the interview?

At herts it's a group interview, what exactly does that involve?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Cyclosporin)
    Hi!

I have two pharmacy interviews coming up, in Medway and uni of herts. Do you have any advice on how to best prepare. Should I dress formally for the interview?

At herts it's a group interview, what exactly does that involve?
    I've got an interview for the university of Hertfordshire too. I wasn't sure what type of interview it was. How did you find out?

ReputationRep:
    Hiya, came across your question. I don't have an account but I thought I'd make one to answer you .

I got an interview and offer to study at Hertfordshire. The interview lasted around 20-25 minutes which is pretty short considering it's a group interview! If I recall correctly there were six of us in total and we were interviewed by a lecturer there and a student doing her masters. Generally, the interviewer would pose a question and everyone would then have a chance to give their input. However, occasionally he/she might directly ask you a question and expect you to answer so be prepared for that!! Hmm what else... it was more of a discussion than an interview, I wouldn't worry too much if I were you!

If I haven't touched on something you'd like to know then feel free to ask more and good luck!!!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by zm7)
    I've got an interview for the university of Hertfordshire too. I wasn't sure what type of interview it was. How did you find out?
    When is your interview? It was on the email they send directly after the date conformation.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by woteva1)
    Hiya, came across your question. I don't have an account but I thought I'd make one to answer you .

I got an interview and offer to study at Hertfordshire. The interview lasted around 20-25 minutes which is pretty short considering it's a group interview! If I recall correctly there were six of us in total and we were interviewed by a lecturer there and a student doing her masters. Generally, the interviewer would pose a question and everyone would then have a chance to give their input. However, occasionally he/she might directly ask you a question and expect you to answer so be prepared for that!! Hmm what else... it was more of a discussion than an interview, I wouldn't worry too much if I were you!

If I haven't touched on something you'd like to know then feel free to ask more and good luck!!!
    Awww thank you!!

What questions where you asked? What was the offer?

ReputationRep:
    Awww thank you!!

What questions where you asked? What was the offer?
    It was a year ago so I don't exactly remember There was a question on stereoisomers but nothing too hard. I honestly wouldn't worry too much if I were you, it's by far the easiest interview I've had. I think at this stage they just want to see if you're passionate about the subject so demonstrate your enthusiasm and you'll be just fine!

I got a conditional ABB offer, however Hertfordshire are usually in clearing so even if you don't meet it chances are they'll still let you in

ReputationRep:
    When is your interview? It was on the email they send directly after the date conformation.
    Mines on the 1st of Feb. When is yours?
    Oh I dont think I received an email after but I will double check.
    Since I thought they had not told me I called the Herts and they told me that there will be a group interview, a maths and English test and an individual interview. Although the lady on the phone really didn't seem sure.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by woteva1)

Hi,

I have also got a 'group interview' for pharmacy at Herts. From what I have heard it's not something to be worried about like you said, but what would you wear? formal? or casual clothing?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by pointlessflaws)
    Hi,

I have also got a 'group interview' for pharmacy at Herts. From what I have heard it's not something to be worried about like you said, but what would you wear? formal? or casual clothing?
    Yes, absolutely nothing to worry about. Smart casual

Poll
Do you think parents should charge rent?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.