Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    Hi!

I have two pharmacy interviews coming up, in Medway and uni of herts. Do you have any advice on how to best prepare. Should I dress formally for the interview?

At herts it's a group interview, what exactly does that involve?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Cyclosporin)
    Hi!

I have two pharmacy interviews coming up, in Medway and uni of herts. Do you have any advice on how to best prepare. Should I dress formally for the interview?

At herts it's a group interview, what exactly does that involve?
    I've got an interview for the university of Hertfordshire too. I wasn't sure what type of interview it was. How did you find out?

ReputationRep:
    Hiya, came across your question. I don't have an account but I thought I'd make one to answer you .

I got an interview and offer to study at Hertfordshire. The interview lasted around 20-25 minutes which is pretty short considering it's a group interview! If I recall correctly there were six of us in total and we were interviewed by a lecturer there and a student doing her masters. Generally, the interviewer would pose a question and everyone would then have a chance to give their input. However, occasionally he/she might directly ask you a question and expect you to answer so be prepared for that!! Hmm what else... it was more of a discussion than an interview, I wouldn't worry too much if I were you!

If I haven't touched on something you'd like to know then feel free to ask more and good luck!!!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by zm7)
    I've got an interview for the university of Hertfordshire too. I wasn't sure what type of interview it was. How did you find out?
    When is your interview? It was on the email they send directly after the date conformation.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by woteva1)
    Hiya, came across your question. I don't have an account but I thought I'd make one to answer you .

I got an interview and offer to study at Hertfordshire. The interview lasted around 20-25 minutes which is pretty short considering it's a group interview! If I recall correctly there were six of us in total and we were interviewed by a lecturer there and a student doing her masters. Generally, the interviewer would pose a question and everyone would then have a chance to give their input. However, occasionally he/she might directly ask you a question and expect you to answer so be prepared for that!! Hmm what else... it was more of a discussion than an interview, I wouldn't worry too much if I were you!

If I haven't touched on something you'd like to know then feel free to ask more and good luck!!!
    Awww thank you!!

What questions where you asked? What was the offer?

ReputationRep:
    Awww thank you!!

What questions where you asked? What was the offer?
    It was a year ago so I don't exactly remember There was a question on stereoisomers but nothing too hard. I honestly wouldn't worry too much if I were you, it's by far the easiest interview I've had. I think at this stage they just want to see if you're passionate about the subject so demonstrate your enthusiasm and you'll be just fine!

I got a conditional ABB offer, however Hertfordshire are usually in clearing so even if you don't meet it chances are they'll still let you in

ReputationRep:
    When is your interview? It was on the email they send directly after the date conformation.
    Mines on the 1st of Feb. When is yours?
    Oh I dont think I received an email after but I will double check.
    Since I thought they had not told me I called the Herts and they told me that there will be a group interview, a maths and English test and an individual interview. Although the lady on the phone really didn't seem sure.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by woteva1)

Hi,

I have also got a 'group interview' for pharmacy at Herts. From what I have heard it's not something to be worried about like you said, but what would you wear? formal? or casual clothing?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by pointlessflaws)
    Hi,

I have also got a 'group interview' for pharmacy at Herts. From what I have heard it's not something to be worried about like you said, but what would you wear? formal? or casual clothing?
    Yes, absolutely nothing to worry about. Smart casual

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    What newspaper do you read/prefer?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.