The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1180
Hi,
If i firm Manchester, does anyone have any stats/info on how lenient they are on results and the likelihood of still being accepted with ABB. Someone in my school got accepted with BBB last year. Just wondering what I would do if i didnt get AAA
Original post by zixd
Hi,
If i firm Manchester, does anyone have any stats/info on how lenient they are on results and the likelihood of still being accepted with ABB. Someone in my school got accepted with BBB last year. Just wondering what I would do if i didnt get AAA

Depends how many other people miss the offer too. If you are a narrow miss, you would be confirmed a place.
Original post by SS15
I've received an offer from Medicine, I'm from Liverpool and wanted to ask you guys for your opinion on commuting from Liverpool? It's about 1hr 15min train journey. I can drive but not sure about parking facilities near the uni

It depends how you feel. It took me a hour and a half to get to school so that train journey is fine. Should say up the cost/benefits as well
To anyone who had an interview at manchester, would you be able to pm me. Thank you
Reply 1184
Original post by IceBoy
Depends how many other people miss the offer too. If you are a narrow miss, you would be confirmed a place.

I know that but do you have any like statistics or anything
Anyone going to the offer holder day tomorrow?
Original post by zixd
I know that but do you have any like statistics or anything

Every year will be different. So let's not miss or at least narrowly miss.
Just got a rejection email at 9:52. I've already got 3 other offers and Manchester was my least favourite anyway so I don't mind
Reply 1188
Original post by _Milburn98
Just got a rejection email at 9:52. I've already got 3 other offers and Manchester was my least favourite anyway so I don't mind

Right ???
Reply 1189
How were the offer days for people who have been? Will I be allowed to leave early so I can be somewhere else at 6
Original post by zixd
How were the offer days for people who have been? Will I be allowed to leave early so I can be somewhere else at 6

I went to the one yesterday. It was very useful because I'd only seen the university for my interview. The communication skills centre bit was really impressive, and the talks gave some interesting info. Q & A is always really handy too.

Regarding leaving early, you probably can without any issue, the whole thing was structured but very relaxed/informal - that said, we finished about 4:30-4:45 yesterday and personally I found the talk/Q&A at the very end to be one of the most useful parts of the day.
Reply 1191
During volunteering a doctor told me that at Manchester you are not able to re sit exams if you fail them, is this true or not? I can't find any info about this?
For those who have sent in the fitness to practise documents - did you receive any confirmation of receipt such as an email back or anything? Just wondering as I've not heard anything and I sent it in a while ago.
Original post by SPatel624
For those who have sent in the fitness to practise documents - did you receive any confirmation of receipt such as an email back or anything? Just wondering as I've not heard anything and I sent it in a while ago.

No confirmation, phoned them to make sure this was normal and they assured me that it was.
Original post by TRAnders
No confirmation, phoned them to make sure this was normal and they assured me that it was.

Ah right. Thank you!
Original post by SS15
During volunteering a doctor told me that at Manchester you are not able to re sit exams if you fail them, is this true or not? I can't find any info about this?

This is a lie... you CAN re-sit exams if you fail
hi guys,
in the fitness to practice form, it asks if you experience anxiety. my friend is not on any meds for anxiety nor does she see a professional for help but she has regularly seen a school counselor for it in in the past. does she still need to include in the form & how does this affect her?

thanks
just wondering what halls other medics are opting for?
Original post by shahanne
hi guys,
in the fitness to practice form, it asks if you experience anxiety. my friend is not on any meds for anxiety nor does she see a professional for help but she has regularly seen a school counselor for it in in the past. does she still need to include in the form & how does this affect her?

thanks

If it’s something that could affect her in uni then i would? It’s just so that they’re aware and can give the best support.
hi guys
who has got in to Manchester?

Latest

Trending

Trending