Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by 12345John12345)
    Okay thank you - also congrats on the amazing score :P
    The Manchester website say the interview around 7th decile +, so you should be fine!!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by molly.butcherx)
    The Manchester website say the interview around 7th decile +, so you should be fine!!
    Okay thank you!
    Posted on the TSR App. Download from Apple or Google Play

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by 12345John12345)
    Okay thank you - also congrats on the amazing score :P
    Thank you very much! You should be proud of yours as well

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by The Sikh Surgeon)
    Im not completely sure how it works for international students but judging by the info you've given (like the high ukcat score)... I say Manchester is a great choice

Do you have any GCSE equivalent qualifications?
    I have Canadian high school script

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by christineq)
    I have Canadian high school script
    Great, do they meet the entry requirements?

ReputationRep:
    I think they should, my average was about 95 in Canada, and I have the Ontario Provisional report. I have emailed to the schools to ask for specifc criteria. Thanks for your consideration!

ReputationRep:
    hey man, i am on the 8th decile, so i am expecting an interview from manchester. will it hurt my chances if i hand in the form a couple of weeks from now on instead of now? in other words, do they send out interviews as they receive applications or at the end once they have all of them?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by singhaman)
    hey man, i am on the 8th decile, so i am expecting an interview from manchester. will it hurt my chances if i hand in the form a couple of weeks from now on instead of now? in other words, do they send out interviews as they receive applications or at the end once they have all of them?
    Well done on the UKCAT!
    I sent mine late at night on the day of the deadline and I was one of the first to be interviewed... so I don't think it matters when you send it because they don't give out interviews until they have everyone's form

ReputationRep:
    I'm applying here and achieved a UKCAT score of 662.5. This roughly puts me in the top 1/3 of candidates so would I stand a good chance of interview? I've posted on here my other stats such as my GCSEs (8A*s,3As). I've got lots of volunteering/work experience and high predicted grades (A*A*A).
    Otherwise I'm hoping to get an interview through their holistic pathway too.
    I honestly loved Manchester and would genuinely love to get an offer from here.

ReputationRep:
    Anyone else hoping for an interview through the holistic pathway?
    GCSEs = 5A* 5A
    Predictions = A*AA
    UKCAT = 613
    Loads of extracurricular/voluntary/work experience. Hoping the rest of my stats will bring me to a holistic interview! As far as I'm aware, its the first year Manchester has done this holistic thing? So I really don't know what to expect if they'll take a UKCAT as low as mine but i love Manchester!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by TomSmith12345)
    Applied to manchester
    GCSE 5A* 5A
    A level predicted A*AA (biology, chemistry, psychology)
    UKCAT 3120 (780 avg) SJT band 1
    Only AS was maths.... and I got a C, but I have 2 instruments (piano and cornet) at grade 8 so I hope that will cover for me
    Around 300 hours work experience (just over)
    What are my chances looking like? Thanks in advance
    Wow that's an insane UKCAT, how on earth did you manage that? You should definately get an interview!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by hopefulmedic101)
    Wow that's an insane UKCAT, how on earth did you manage that? You should definately get an interview!
    A huge amount of luck! We have very similar stats, do you mind if I ask where else you're applying?

ReputationRep:
    Well done on the UKCAT!
    I sent mine late at night on the day of the deadline and I was one of the first to be interviewed... so I don't think it matters when you send it because they don't give out interviews until they have everyone's form
    Which unis would be safe for me?
    1A* 8A’s 1B
    AAA predicted
    UKCAT: 660 (2640) 7th decile was (2670)

ReputationRep:
    A huge amount of luck! We have very similar stats, do you mind if I ask where else you're applying?
    Na, I mean our stats are similar apart from our UKCATs Bristol, Keele and Newcastle through partners scheme! You?

ReputationRep:
    Na, I mean our stats are similar apart from our UKCATs Bristol, Keele and Newcastle through partners scheme! You?
    All good choices, what does the partners scheme actually do? And I’ve applied to Manchester, Liverpool, Sheffield and Newcastle 🙂 good luck in your application!

ReputationRep:
    All good choices, what does the partners scheme actually do? And I’ve applied to Manchester, Liverpool, Sheffield and Newcastle 🙂 good luck in your application!
    Aw thank you! It means you get a lower offer (ABB) and a lower UKCAT cut off . Those are good Northern choices, are you from up North?

ReputationRep:
    Hopefully looking at an interview:

10A* and 1A at GCSE
    745 UKCAT avg (Band 3 though )
    AAAA at AS
    A*A*A* prediction at A2
    Lots of volunteering, working with kids, elderly, less fortunate, and 1 week at hospital

ReputationRep:
    Aw thank you! It means you get a lower offer (ABB) and a lower UKCAT cut off . Those are good Northern choices, are you from up North?
    Ayyyyeeeee, close to Manchester but I’d still want to stay at uni accommodation purely to get the full uni experience! PM me if you wanna discuss the application since most of our stats are so similar (I feel like we’re clogging the thread) 😂

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Hdheimdnbf)
    Which unis would be safe for me?
    1A* 8A’s 1B
    AAA predicted
    UKCAT: 660 (2640) 7th decile was (2670)
    HYMS, Liverpool, Bristol and keele
    You could apply to Manchester but it will be a little risky due to your UKCAT

ReputationRep:
    HYMS, Liverpool, Bristol and keele
    You could apply to Manchester but it will be a little risky due to your UKCAT
    I’m applying to HYMS, Liverpool, St George’s and Newcastle partners I’m not risking it with Manchester lol

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Will you be richer or poorer than your parents?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.