Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by The Sikh Doctor)
    Hi guys, 1st year medic at Manchester. PM me if you want me to send my NAI form to you
    could you send it to me please?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Medic 2 B)
    Does anyone know if we can use the same example for two of the questions. For example, can we use being an SJA volunteer both in the caring and teamwork section as it essentially involves both?
    I did but I did not write the same scenario in both questions.

ReputationRep:
    Sent off my NAI form, so relieved!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Scruffy Jack)
    I can't see any problem with using the same activity across multiple sections. I used my job across the teamwork and caring sections as it had relevance to both.

I gave two examples for each section, so I used an example from volunteering and one from my job in the caring section and two examples of teamwork that showed different team dynamics from my job.

As long as it's relevant and addresses their question then I think it's fine. It may just be worth including other examples as part of your answers so that you can show a range of activities/experiences if you have other relevant examples that you can use.
    I did the same

ReputationRep:
    Last year Manchester started sending out interviews on 2 December so if it's round about the same time this year you guys don't have long to wait!

Good luck to everyone! :yy:

ReputationRep:
    What were the interview dates for last year?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by AJ:))
    What were the interview dates for last year?
    First two weeks of jan and then 3 days in feb for those that couldn't make it in jan (from what I remember)

ReputationRep:
    I am so nervous Has anyone heard back yet?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by The Sikh Surgeon)
    First two weeks of jan and then 3 days in feb for those that couldn't make it in jan (from what I remember)
    Thanks so much

ReputationRep:
    Is it easier to get onto the dentistry course or the medicine course at the university of manchester?

ReputationRep:
    I didnt get email confirmation when i submitted my NAI form. Has this happened to anyone else?
    Posted on the TSR App. Download from Apple or Google Play

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by PrincessBabble17)
    I didnt get email confirmation when i submitted my NAI form. Has this happened to anyone else?
    Are you sure you wrote the right email address? I think it's worth contacting Manchester Uni and quoting your UCAS number to see if they've received it and if you can get the email thing sorted out. Alternatively, check the spam section of your emails, the email might be there. They usually send the confirmation immediately as it is automated.
    Posted on the TSR App. Download from Apple or Google Play

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by PrincessBabble17)
    I agree with the person above. I got my confirmation immediately after I sent mine so contact them for sure.

ReputationRep:
    I know someone further up the thread said that interviews are given out starting beginning of December, but are they given out in a short/ long amount of time, and is it random?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by molly.butcherx)
    I know someone further up the thread said that interviews are given out starting beginning of December, but are they given out in a short/ long amount of time, and is it random?
    From what I remember, I think they were given all at once... the offers were given all at once aswel

(I might be wrong tho)

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by The Sikh Surgeon)
    From what I remember, I think they were given all at once... the offers were given all at once aswel

(I might be wrong tho)
    Thank you! I’m glad they don’t draw it over 2 months like some other unis

ReputationRep:
    I've applied Oxford, Imperial, Manchester, Nottingham, St Andrews (medicinal chemistry) - 11A*, 3A* 1A in 3 sciences and maths.. I'm worried about the UKCAT as my average is 690 and band 3.... ( i really messed up on the SJT - it was fatigue towards the end )

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by bob12389)
    I've applied Oxford, Imperial, Manchester, Nottingham, St Andrews (medicinal chemistry) - 11A*, 3A* 1A in 3 sciences and maths.. I'm worried about the UKCAT as my average is 690 and band 3.... ( i really messed up on the SJT - it was fatigue towards the end )
    Hi, in terms of Manchester you will be well above the cut off and also Manchester do not look at the SJT band so your pretty much guaranteed an interview. It depends on how good your NAI form was but they only take out around about 50 applicants from the NAI form stage

ReputationRep:
    I just received an email asking for interview preference... Does that mean I'm getting an interview :O ?????

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by lamster)
    I just received an email asking for interview preference... Does that mean I'm getting an interview :O ?????
    I wonder if everyone gets the same email... I rly hope this is the case tho

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Did TEF Bronze Award affect your UCAS choices?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.