Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by The Sikh Surgeon)
    Gcse 7A* 2A 1B 1C
    As AAAA
    UKCAT 663 band 2
    I think I'm eligible for an extra 15 points with HYMS so will get around 79 is this enough?
    Posted on the TSR App. Download from Apple or Google Play

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Hdheimdnbf)
    I think I'm eligible for an extra 15 points with HYMS so will get around 79 is this enough?
    That score is really high so yh it should be enough for interview Imo

ReputationRep:
    That score is really high so yh it should be enough for interview Imo
    Thanks where else did you apply/ get offers?

ReputationRep:
    Thanks where else did you apply/ get offers?
    Leicester and Liverpool

Got an interview at Liverpool but I withdrew as I got an offer from Leicester

ReputationRep:
    Leicester and Liverpool

Got an interview at Liverpool but I withdrew as I got an offer from Leicester
    I'm
    Applying to

Manc
    HYMS
    Liverpool
    SGUL

ReputationRep:
    I'm
    Applying to

Manc
    HYMS
    Liverpool
    SGUL
    Nice! thats very similar to me!

You can PM me if you need any help with anything you're unsure about

ReputationRep:
    Nice! thats very similar to me!

You can PM me if you need any help with anything you're unsure about
    Yes I will could you pm so I can reply as I cant start messages on the app for some reason

ReputationRep:
    this years preliminary scores are out:

1 - 2280
    2 - 2400
    3 - 2480
    4 - 2540
    5 - 2600
    6 - 2660
    7 - 2730
    8 - 2800
    9 - 2920

i am on 2740, very low 70s (in terms of percentile). but last year a similar score went from v. low 70s to v. high 70s. how much the deciles change from interim -> final will be the difference between me getting a guaranteed interview and putting me on the line. future will tell i guess

ReputationRep:
    I just did my UKCAT and got 2710 (677.5 average) and Band 2. This should be above the cut off for Manchester yeah?

ReputationRep:
    Hi.

My stats are:

GCSEs 3A*s 7As 2Bs
    Prediction A*A*A
    UKCAT 765 band 2

Is this good enough to get an offer from Manchester? I'm also thinking of applying to:
    Barts
    St George's
    Sheffield

Would my stats be good enough to get an offer from these universities as well?

ReputationRep:
    Hi,

I want to do medicine but I know my grades are not the best, hopefully I am able to do well in my UKCAT and outweigh this...

GCSEs: 1A* 3As 5Bs
    Prediction: AAA

I'm also applying to:
    University of Birmingham
    Aston University
    Bristol University

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by hafsa473)
    Hi,

I want to do medicine but I know my grades are not the best, hopefully I am able to do well in my UKCAT and outweigh this...

GCSEs: 1A* 3As 5Bs
    Prediction: AAA

I'm also applying to:
    University of Birmingham
    Aston University
    Bristol University
    It would be worth checking the entry requirements of the universities that you are applying to. I don't know the exact detail for school leavers as I'm applying as a Grad, so the entry requirements are different, but I believe Manchester require 5 GCSEs at A* or A. I don't know if they will lower their requirement at all if you have extenuating circumstances.

ReputationRep:
    Did igcses.Are 4a*s 4as 1b enough?Got a*s in biology,chemistry,physics and maths(all high ums).Also got an a for English language.Can you also tell me some other unis I should consider applying with my igcses.Are there any preferences given to people with a*s in sciences and maths?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by singhaman)
    this years preliminary scores are out:

1 - 2280
    2 - 2400
    3 - 2480
    4 - 2540
    5 - 2600
    6 - 2660
    7 - 2730
    8 - 2800
    9 - 2920

i am on 2740, very low 70s (in terms of percentile). but last year a similar score went from v. low 70s to v. high 70s. how much the deciles change from interim -> final will be the difference between me getting a guaranteed interview and putting me on the line. future will tell i guess
    Im kinda in the same situation - got 2710 so high 60's - praying that the interim scores go down so I can make it into the 70's and hopefully get an interview.

ReputationRep:
    Hey guys,

I know it's super duper early but i thought i'd set this up so that anyone who is hoping to apply for medicine at manchester this year can discuss any issues or get advice from fellow TSRians!

Now remember Manchester is PBL and supports your learning through lectures, early clinical placements, simulation sessions, anatomy dissection etc...

Also Manchester is a UKCAT heavy university. They have a UKCAT cut off for interview usually around the 60th - 70th percentile so you need to do well in your UKCAT!

So we can start by posting some stats...
    Gcse: 7A* 2A 1B 1C

If anyone has any questions about manchester please post them... i might be able to answer some as i have already done some research into this university
    GCSES 4A* 4A 2B
    Predicted at a level- AAAa
    UKCAT- 2620 with a Band 1 in sjt

loads of work experience, volunteering in the community and in the hospital alongside extra circulars,

Where should i apply?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by gcoyle111)
    GCSES 4A* 4A 2B

loads of work experience, volunteering in the community and in the hospital alongside extra circulars,

Where should i apply?
    Woah, you got the same gcse grades as me.What were your a*s in?Where are you planning to apply and also how did you do at your school?I was in the top ten for gcses for my school ,so I think that will help my application.

ReputationRep:
    GCSES 4A* 4A 2B

Where should i apply?
    Hey,

Try avoiding ukcat heavy universities like sheffield, newcastle etc

Let the final results come out for ukcat and then see whether you're score of 655 is between 60-70%. If it is then you can consider applying to manchester

Other unis you can consider are Liverpool, HYMS, bristol... these don't look for a high UKCAT score

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by arizonaidiot)
    Woah, you got the same gcse grades as me.What were your a*s in?Where are you planning to apply and also how did you do at your school?I was in the top ten for gcses for my school ,so I think that will help my application.
    A*s were in Math, English Lang, Double Award Science, i was also in the top 10 lol
    i was considering Bristol, Liverpool and Southampton

ReputationRep:
    A*s were in Math, English Lang, Double Award Science, i was also in the top 10 lol
    i was considering Bristol, Liverpool and Southampton
    What a coincidence!I'm also considering the same unis lol.I think we should also go for nottingham,imperial and uea.Plus,don't you think people on this site are overachievers?Mostly,people do not do that well and 7a*s was the highest in my school and 5a*s in most schools around me.

ReputationRep:
    Hi everyone,

Re-applicant here. Got two offers last year from UCL and Bristol but after getting my A levels I've decided to give Oxford another go (got rejected on base of BMAT last year). I don't know too much about Manchester UKCAT but I sat mine yesterday (sadly did worse than last year).

UKCAT: Band 2 + 2790 but might go up because one of my UKCAT stems was missing.
    GCSEs: 12 A*s
    A level: 3A* (bio, them, eng lit) and 1 A (Physics)

I was wondering whether my UKCAT was good enough to but Manchester down?

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Will you be richer or poorer than your parents?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.