Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    I am a 1st year TV prod student and I am miserable.

I live in my own flat so I'm not in with other people. I don't drink so opportunities for nights out are limited (I get very panicky and anxious around drunk people). My nan was diagnosed with terminal cancer late last year so I spent most of my first term commuting from home, now my tutor (who keeps changing timings and sending students outside to wait because he's split the group in half and they have to hang around while the other group has the session) has decided I have to be there 9am tomorrow which means getting up ridiculously early to be there for 9 and my group will then have to hang around for two hours while the other two groups have their session. I have insomnia and rarely get to sleep before 3am so I'll barely have slept and in addition to this my stress is causing IBS and mood swings, which are way worse when I'm tired.

I am tearful most of the time, I have no energy or motivation for my studies and I don't want to go back, but I have nothing to do here at home other than play mindless video games. None of this feels worth it. My dad bought me a flat near the university because I can't share a kitchen with people (I suffer very badly with OCD and food intolerances) and now I don't want to go back and I feel extremely ungrateful but also pressured by both him and my mum to carry on with the course, even though I don't know whether I can or not. I am 21 and feel like a complete loser.

I have dropped out of a different university twice before.

basically, is any of this worth it? I'm lonely, isolated and miserable whether I'm at uni or at home.

ReputationRep:
    Im the same
    But im in college
    Im not as bad as u but Im not really depressed
    Im more stressed tho
    I feel like **** 90% of the time .

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    What newspaper do you read/prefer?
    Useful resources
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.