Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Can I drop my drama GCSE or am I just an idiot who has overreacted Watch

ReputationRep:
    Is possible to do the so late into the year, as I will be taking my exams in June/July?
    It isn't a very important subject, it's drama. I chose it in year 9 and I regret it so much. I used to enjoy it but recently my anxiety has been getting worse and I can't bring myself to perform anymore. It sounds so pathetic. I have to perform a monologue soon and I haven't rehearsed it or anything as you have to rehearse it in front of the teachers. I've spoken to my etcher about this and the response was: "you have to do it eventually". However, we don't have a written exam we have a practical exam so we perform in front of a moderator and I know I'll mess it up like I have done with all of my other performances, so why not drop it now?

ReputationRep:
    Lol overreacting in Drama soz i just found that funny - but to the point, I believe you can still drop subjects at this point since some schools pressurize students by saying if they don't perform well in mocks in February they will not allow them to continue the subject so I'm sure if you talk to your Head of Year ASAP it should be fine.

ReputationRep:
    If it's causing you actual distress, then I advise you drop it. They can't force you in front of a moderator. As you said, it's one grade, you're not carrying it on, and you can focus on your other subjects. Tell a member of staff how you're feeling and hopefully they'll sort it out.

Edit: from what I remember at school, all drama teachers were dicks. Go above them to your tutor or head of house etc.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by tam200smith)
    Is possible to do the so late into the year, as I will be taking my exams in June/July?
    It isn't a very important subject, it's drama. I chose it in year 9 and I regret it so much. I used to enjoy it but recently my anxiety has been getting worse and I can't bring myself to perform anymore. It sounds so pathetic. I have to perform a monologue soon and I haven't rehearsed it or anything as you have to rehearse it in front of the teachers. I've spoken to my etcher about this and the response was: "you have to do it eventually". However, we don't have a written exam we have a practical exam so we perform in front of a moderator and I know I'll mess it up like I have done with all of my other performances, so why not drop it now?
    i was in the same situation as you although i had the old GCSEs but in year 9 drama was great fun and i enjoyed in, but because of my controlled assessment, I would've had to get full marks in the paper for an A and an A* was impossible but I left with a B which im happy with.

what i can tell you is do it, practice the monologue in front of parents, friends family. as your teacher said, you will have to do it

also, i dont suppose this is your first performance is it? if not then you've done it before and so theres nothing to worry about?

ReputationRep:
    This would be my first moderated performance however when I've performed in the past its gone terribly wrong. When we work in groups I'm always ruining the performances by messing up, then we have to cut the performance short so nobody gets the grades they want. I've had really low grades. I'm really dumb for choosing it.

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    What newspaper do you read/prefer?
    Useful resources

Study tools

Rosette

Essay expert

Learn to write like a pro with our ultimate essay guide.

Thinking about uni already?

Thinking about uni already?

See where you can apply with our uni match tool

Student chat

Ask a question

Chat to other GCSE students and get your study questions answered.

Creating

Make study resources

Create all the resources you need to get the grades.

Planner

Create your own Study Plan

Organise all your homework and exams so you never miss another deadline.

Resources by subject

From flashcards to mind maps; there's everything you need for all of your GCSE subjects.

Papers

Find past papers

100s of GCSE past papers for all your subjects at your fingertips.

Help out other students

Can you help? Study help unanswered threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.