At least make sure she's not a CIA agent yet? Haven't seen her house?? HMM

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Nirvana1989-1994)
    I need to see your playlist. :lol:
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SL5juMcKUBE

Me at a job interview

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Rakas21)
    Don't know where she lives... How old are you?

If you know roughly where then turn up and tell her to come outside.
    And then walk home again when she continues the silent treatment? :laugh:

Silent treatment after 2 months = dump and move on. Good thing it happened early so OP can dodge the bullet before he gets more emotionally invested.

TorpidPhil Trust me you do not want a girl like this. it's just gonna get worse.

If you want to stay with her just ignore her and get on with your life until she decides she's done playing games. Don't waste your energy chasing after her. You'l become emotionally drained and then once she ends up leaving you you'l be in a bad place and won't be able to get another GF for ages lel.
    • Political Ambassador
    • Welcome Squad

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by TheExtrovertGod)
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SL5juMcKUBE

Me at a job interview
    10/10 Hired.

ReputationRep:
    The silent treatment is childish, I don't entertain it.

Seems a bit of a petty argument anyway though.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ChickenMadness)
    And then walk home again when she continues the silent treatment? :laugh:

Silent treatment after 2 months = dump and move on. Good thing it happened early so OP can dodge the bullet before he gets more emotionally invested.

TorpidPhil Trust me you do not want a girl like this. it's just gonna get worse.

If you want to stay with her just ignore her and get on with your life until she decides she's done playing games. Don't waste your energy chasing after her. You'l become emotionally drained and then once she ends up leaving you you'l be in a bad place and won't be able to get another GF for ages lel.
    If only you could post how this actually feels online. It feels like ****, ****, ****, ****, ****, ****

*****y ****

ReputationRep:
    If only you could post how this actually feels online. It feels like ****, ****, ****, ****, ****, ****

*****y ****
    Ye this happened to me last summer because I fell in love with a complete slut and ignored red flags like the one in the OP. Not worth it at all, the girl in the OP clearly doesn't give a **** about TorpidPhil if she's acting like that. It's manipulative and vindictive. OP is a nice guy, and has depressive tendencies (from what I've seen of his threads over the years). If he stays with this girl he'l just get manipulated and then finally dumped and prob end up suiciding rofl.

The girl wants him to feel **** and send 3am walls of text lmao.

ReputationRep:
    She sounds delusional, and also the "silent treatment" is an act of someone is controlling and potentially a form of abuse.

I'd cut her loose dude, before it gets worse.

ReputationRep:
    Ye this happened to me last summer because I fell in love with a complete slut and ignored red flags like the one in the OP. Not worth it at all, the girl in the OP clearly doesn't give a **** about TorpidPhil if she's acting like that. It's manipulative and vindictive. OP is a nice guy, and has depressive tendencies (from what I've seen of his threads over the years). If he stays with this girl he'l just get manipulated and then finally dumped and prob end up suiciding rofl.

The girl wants him to feel **** and send 3am walls of text lmao.
    Jfc you're so like me it's unreal :rofl:

I even rocked a pencil mustache two summers ago
    • Political Ambassador

PENCIL MUSTACHE. Omg. :rofl2:

ReputationRep:

Grow a tache, bag the gash :hat:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by EC)
    PENCIL MUSTACHE. Omg. :rofl2:
    I had one like this
    https://upload.wikimedia.org/wikiped...er_cropped.jpg
    • Political Ambassador

I used the silent treatment when I was younger and I didn't realize how much it actually hurts until it happened to me. Maybe she doesn't want to hurt you on purpose, but because she lacks experience, thus she's not as understanding, she lets herself be controlled by her ego only and doesn't think about the relationship as a whole when an argument happens, but only about herself.

You should simply send her one last message and tell her that you're hurt by this kind of behaviour and you need someone who can communicate openly not someone who ignores you when difficult times come.
    • Political Ambassador

Ahhaahahahahah nooooooooo. :rofl:

I bet you were some sort of gigolo. :rofl2:
    • Political Ambassador
    • Welcome Squad

ReputationRep:
    The silent treatment never works, for romantic and non romantic relationships because you go through a worst state than you began with. Doesn't seem like this relationship is going anywhere, especially if she's insecure and put you through that and it's quite immature really. I've been through this and it doesn't get any better I'm afraid. I'm sure you can make things work if you work hard at it but it requires effort from both sides.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by EC)
    Ahhaahahahahah nooooooooo. :rofl:

I bet you were some sort of gigolo. :rofl2:
    You got me but,

Every mans dream isn't it?

ReputationRep:
    I had one like this
    https://upload.wikimedia.org/wikiped...er_cropped.jpg
    Use to have mine curly but I can't be arsed with it now. I just have a generic moustache now lol

ReputationRep:
    Use to have mine curly but I can't be arsed with it now. I just have a generic moustache now lol

Epic

ReputationRep:
    My opinion in general is that it's a bit childish but can in some instances be a good way to let people know your upset without bursting into tears or yelling all the time. I'm not good at showing emotion so I do use it at times (in moderation) and the people around me understand this.

In this situation I think she's being irrational and unfair. You need someone who cares for your emotional wellbeing, and from this I don't think this is what you're getting. Maybe give her some time to let her come around, but if it carries on I think it's time to move on.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by TorpidPhil)
    I sent her a gigantic series of messages basically expressing everything about why I like her and how I am missing her - essentially as much grovelling as was truthfully sincere without apologising for anything that I could. She read that and gave no response.
    The way I read this (and something similar has happened to me before), none of you are 'in the wrong'. I probably wouldn't have sent her a long message like you did. Some if not most girls will expect you to come grovelling to them to set a precedent which is extremely difficult to get out of.

She knows exactly what she's doing but wants to come out on top. I guarantee if you buy her something nice as a surprise she will come round. But obviously if you don't think she's worth that because of how she's making you feel then don't.

Think about all the things she offers you. Does she buy you anything/organise outings for you both or is it just you?

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: January 17, 2017
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Did TEF Bronze Award affect your UCAS choices?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.