Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

UCL MsC in Security Studies Vs. LSE MsC Theory and History of International Relations Watch

ReputationRep:
    I am an American student and I was recently given offer's to UCL's Security Studies program and my 2nd choice at the LSE which is the MsC in the Theory and History of International Relations.

I was wondering how these programs stack up in the IR world and how do they compare? (Which seems like a very apples and oranges question).

My big concerns with the UCL program is that it is not well known enough compared to what's offered at KCL, St. Andrews, or LSE and wouldn't help my job prospects.

While I feel the title of the LSE program I got into sounds too specialized and academic (even though the actual course offering and themes aren't). Alot of the people I've talked to have told me not worry about this "since at the end of the day iit's the LSE"

Should I take ether of these offers I've been given? Or should I pass them up and apply to something else next year? Such as US policy schools
    • TSR Support Team
    • Very Important Poster
    • PS Reviewer
    • Clearing and Applications Advisor

ReputationRep:
    I think your first question is whether your want to study here or in the US. All the unis you mention are good so job prospects and being well known are non-issues. What is important is course content and how it matches what you want to do later.

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Did TEF Bronze Award affect your UCAS choices?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.