Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    So first things first, let's just say my YouTube channel has really took off these past few weeks/months and I've earned about £200 this month alone which will potentially be more throughout the rest of this year. So I can't not use a PayPal account, my network refuses to pay to bank accounts.

The problem is PayPal. My earnings get paid to an account of which I am not old enough to open. I can use my parents account, but I have an account of my own and do not want to risk having large sums of money being put in to it as it will most likely be frozen.

Should I go about trying to get a debit card? Im sure you can get one under 18. Can you attach this to a PayPal account and withdraw money? Ive been struggling to decide what to do and honestly, worrying too.

Thanks in advanced, sorry for the long post
    • TSR Support Team
    • Welcome Squad

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Kieran260)
    So first things first, let's just say my YouTube channel has really took off these past few weeks/months and I've earned about £200 this month alone which will potentially be more throughout the rest of this year. So I can't not use a PayPal account, my network refuses to pay to bank accounts.

The problem is PayPal. My earnings get paid to an account of which I am not old enough to open. I can use my parents account, but I have an account of my own and do not want to risk having large sums of money being put in to it as it will most likely be frozen.

Should I go about trying to get a debit card? Im sure you can get one under 18. Can you attach this to a PayPal account and withdraw money? Ive been struggling to decide what to do and honestly, worrying too.

Thanks in advanced, sorry for the long post
    You can get a debit card and connect it with a PayPal account. What do you mean by this "I can use my parents account, but I have an account of my own and do not want to risk having large sums of money being put in to it as it will most likely be frozen."?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Amefish)
    You can get a debit card and connect it with a PayPal account. What do you mean by this "I can use my parents account, but I have an account of my own and do not want to risk having large sums of money being put in to it as it will most likely be frozen."?
    Sorry should've explained better. I've kind of got it sorted now anyway so thanks for the reply, but I'll explain anyway.

My point was that I can't use PayPal because I'm underage and I was reading that if you enter a fake age, if you are having large transactions in to your account you might get your account frozen, and you have to wait to have your funds released if you call up the support.

What I could do is have the money be put in to my parent's paypal then withdraw the paypal funds to my bank account which I will have soon. Thank you!

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Did TEF Bronze Award affect your UCAS choices?
    Useful resources
    How much money do you spend a week?The ultimate guide to tax!Guide to student bank accounts

Sponsored features:

Web Legend

Win a Macbook Air!

Blog about setting up a website for a chance to win in our Web Legend competition.

Quick link:

Unanswered money and finance threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.