The Student Room Group

Old School Runescape or Runescape 3

Before today I hadn't played Runescape in years and I couldn't access my old accounts so I created a new one and started playing Old School Runescape however I am wondering what people think is better? Old School Runescape or Runescape 3?

I realise that in many ways they are different and can't be compared however I just wonder if anyone would recommend one over the other?

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
I've played both and nothing beats the nostalgia of Old School Runescape.
OS all the way
RS3. The nostalgia isn't enough to justify going back to OSRS.
OSRS quite easily
Nostalgia that wears off- or better content? No brainer, better content.
Reply 6
Old School is better for sure [I'm playing it actually myself]
Original post by Jammy Duel
Nostalgia that wears off- or better content? No brainer, better content.

This.

Not sure what sort of crazy ass self-contained, fantasy world OSRS players live in to enjoy it more to be honest.

I feel like this is a matter of open minded closed minded perhaps...

Can give you a few tips though if you do decide you wanna play RS3. Playing RS3 a lot these days.
OS
(edited 7 years ago)
Old school
Reply 10
Old school, also started playing it the other day in the first time in years and couldn't get off for a few days, had to play RS3 first though as I couldn't open Old School on my computer until I found out about OSBuddy
Reply 11
Oldschool runescape is my wet dream
Old school every day of the week. Hi score me

Gub
Turnipnipple
RS3 has become way too cluttered with content and stuff for my liking, mainly down to microtransactions and other stupid updates. The combat system sucks and all the skills have become way too easy.

Old School isn't perfect but it's by far the better version imo. Community can be toxic af but is also ****ing hilarious - keep up to date with their reddit page.

2092/2277 Total Level atm... time well spent Kappa
(edited 7 years ago)
Original post by KyleH123
Old school every day of the week. Hi score me

Gub
Turnipnipple

decent, Gub. decent.

Nice.
Original post by TorpidPhil
This.

Not sure what sort of crazy ass self-contained, fantasy world OSRS players live in to enjoy it more to be honest.

I feel like this is a matter of open minded closed minded perhaps...

Can give you a few tips though if you do decide you wanna play RS3. Playing RS3 a lot these days.

The same can be said to you... lol.

Jesus... it's as pointless as the xbox/playstation squabble that people have.
Original post by Castro Saint
decent, Gub. decent.

Nice.

What's your osrs rsn
Original post by KyleH123
What's your osrs rsn

OP1
Original post by Castro Saint
OP1

Beast account
Reply 19
U guys shud look at private servers like FuriosPk its sick. U can spawn items and PK is so sick. I also forgot all my users and when I found one I realised RS stopped PKing... so dead. Check it out tho sick server

Quick Reply

Latest