Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

UCAS Deadline Day: Discussion thread (and your options!) Watch

• TSR Support Team
    • Peer Support Volunteers
    • Clearing and Applications Advisor

ReputationRep:

UCAS Deadline Day - 15th January 2017
    General discussion and some FAQs!

The day has been and gone! Deadline day (15th January) was the last day to submit your UCAS application (except for courses with a 15th October deadline/Art & Design courses with a 24th March deadline). Hopefully, you've submitted your application by now and you can finally stop stressing about it! :top:

If you didn't make it by Sunday at 18:00, you're not stuck without a chance to get into uni this year! The main difference will be that universities and colleges are no longer obliged to offer your application equal consideration as they would before today's deadline. You can still apply late, but offers will be made on a first come, first served basis. TSR have written an article with lots of helpful tips and advice from experts about this. Take a look.

Use this thread to chat about your choices, how did you find the process? Are you excited, nervous, both? Did you miss the deadline? :grouphugs:

Here's to those offers rolling in! :cheers:

Spoiler:
    Show

FAQs:

What if I missed the deadline? Am I unable to go to university until next year?
    You're still able to get a place this year. However, late applications aren't required to be given equal consideration by universities. For lots of helpful information about this, please check the article mentioned above - or feel free to ask any specific nagging questions in this thread and someone will be able to offer advice. Make sure to contact the university/college you're applying to late, just so you can confirm whether they're still accepting applications for the course. :yy:

OK. That's a relief. How long do I have to submit a late application?
    You have until the 30th June 2017 to submit a late application. Don't use this date as a final deadline, get your application in before this date as courses are likely to fill up very quickly. You don't want to finally get around to it, only to find your desired course(s) is full! Any applications received after this date will be entered into Clearing(FYI this is a 2016 article, but it's got lots of useful information in it!) and they won't be sent off. The absolute final date to submit any 2017 application is the 21st of September 2017.

I'm not happy with my offers/I got no offers.
    Worry not, UCAS Extra opens on the 25th February. You'll be able to apply for other courses one at a time once Extra opens. You'll have until the 4th July to add an Extra choice. :yy:

What's UCAS Extra?

I've not received any offers yet! Loads of people I know have already. What's going on?
    Don't worry. If you made your application by 18:00 today, you'll get a response. They can take time to reply to applications, so please don't panic if you notice your friends getting them before you.

My question isn't here!
    That's OK, there are loads of people that are willing to help. Post your question in this thread! :five:

• TSR Support Team

ReputationRep:
    Don't all rush at once...
    • PS Reviewer

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Paracosm)
    Don't all rush at once...
    *rushes in*
    • TSR Support Team

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Slowbro93)
    *rushes in*
    :heart:

Looks like nobody missed their offers then! I love a happy ending....
    • PS Reviewer

ReputationRep:
    :heart:

Looks like nobody missed their offers then! I love a happy ending....
    What's your current UCAS status?
    • TSR Support Team

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Slowbro93)
    What's your current UCAS status?
    Awaiting offers! Got acknowledgement from all of my choices, just a matter of waiting now. :ninja:
    • TSR Support Team
    • Very Important Poster

ReputationRep:
    I sent mine off on the 10th, and I got offered an interview like 12 hours later. Got another one in the post on the 15th! I'm so nervous. Just waiting to hear back from the last 3

Accepted Offered Interview Pending Declined

Uni of Huddersfield - Graphic Design and Animation
    Sheffield Hallam - Animation
    Bucks New - Animation and Visual Effects
    Uni of Salford - Animation
    Nottingham Trent - Animation

I've been working on sketchbooks and my portfolio for the past couple of days ready to show them
    • TSR Support Team

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by chelseadagg3r)
    I sent mine off on the 10th, and I got offered an interview like 12 hours later. Got another one in the post on the 15th! I'm so nervous. Just waiting to hear back from the last 3

Accepted Offered Interview Pending Declined

Uni of Huddersfield - Graphic Design and Animation
    Sheffield Hallam - Animation
    Bucks New - Animation and Visual Effects
    Uni of Salford - Animation
    Nottingham Trent - Animation

I've been working on sketchbooks and my portfolio for the past couple of days ready to show them
    Ooooh! That sounds really exciting! :woo: Best of luck to you! I've got no offers yet.
    • TSR Support Team
    • Very Important Poster

ReputationRep:
    Ooooh! That sounds really exciting! :woo: Best of luck to you! I've got no offers yet.
    It is, but so nerve wracking! I have one in a couple of weeks, and then another the day after. You'll get some soon, I know it Good luck!

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    What newspaper do you read/prefer?
    Applying to uni

All the essentials

The adventure begins mug

Student life: what to expect

What it's really like going to uni

Graduates celebrate

How to write a good personal statement

Expert PS advice from the people who will read it

Uni match

Uni match

Can't decide where to apply? Our tool will help you find the perfect course

Two students working together

A-Z of universities

Read our guides to unis and colleges from around the UK

A student working on a computer

Personal statement help

Use our tool to get your ideal PS quickly!

Hands typing

Degrees without fees

Discover more about degree-level apprenticeships.

A student looking down a microscope

Planning open days

Find upcoming open days and get advice on preparing.

Help out other students

These questions still need an answer

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.