It was the last ever episode. :cry:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ||TheUnknown||)
    That's not confirmed.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Athena64)
    That's not confirmed.
    I felt as though it was since all the loose ends had finally been tied up, and Mary's video just gave everyone a kind of closure. Plus, the BBC voiceover lady at the end was saying something about 'a world class series coming to an end'. I don't know but I don't really have my hopes up.

ReputationRep:
    I felt as though it was since all the loose ends had finally been tied up, and Mary's video just gave everyone a kind of closure. Plus, the BBC voiceover lady at the end was saying something about 'a world class series coming to an end'. I don't know but I don't really have my hopes up.
    Moffat and Gatiss have both said on numerous occasions that they'd like to do more, but simply don't know if they will because Cumberbatch and Freeman are so busy.

In the event they are unable to do more, they felt this was an ok ending to leave it on (no cliffhanger) but certainly don't want it to be over. Neither would the beeb.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Drewski)
    Moffat and Gatiss have both said on numerous occasions that they'd like to do more, but simply don't know if they will because Cumberbatch and Freeman are so busy.

In the event they are unable to do more, they felt this was an ok ending to leave it on (no cliffhanger) but certainly don't want it to be over. Neither would the beeb.
    Okay, you've raised my hopes again.
    • Community Assistant

ReputationRep:
    Name:  dfg.jpg
Views: 43
Size:  21.7 KB

ReputationRep:
    To be completely honest, I liked the episode but the ending was a bit rushed and a bit to cheesy for me
    The only thing missing to make the ending perfectly cheesy was them all holding hands together while running through a field of flowers

Whaaat, there's still lots of loose ends.:grumble: We never found out what happened to Molly after Sherlock's phone call.:indiff:

ReputationRep:
      (Original post by littlenorthernlass)
      Whaaat, there's still lots of loose ends.:grumble: We never found out what happened to Molly after Sherlock's phone call.:indiff:
      Oh yeah. :facepalm: Molly actually deserves a lot better than Sherlock, to be honest.

ReputationRep:
      It's not the last episode ever, they're signed for another season but they don't know when!
      And I think I preferred the second episode to the third. Episode three was a bit frightening?

ReputationRep:
      Whatever that last episode was on Sunday night, it wasn't Sherlock.

The rest of the series was fine, but I have no idea what to make of the final episode. It was overdone with the music and the plot line - it was like something out of Saw.

ReputationRep:
      i really hope not. series 4 kind of disappointed me in that it changed to much from what series 1 & 2 were (modernising original Conan Doyle Holmes mysteries as opposed to these grand conspiracies) and i don't really want to be left with a bad taste in my mouth from that. In the last sequence of the episode you see them going on the adventures that I think of as being truly 'Sherlock' and just kinda hope we'll actually see some of that.

ReputationRep:
      Oh yeah. :facepalm: Molly actually deserves a lot better than Sherlock, to be honest.
      Yeah! I really have no idea why she likes him so much. All he does is abuse her because he's completely oblivious to the signs that she likes him.

Submit reply
    TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: January 24, 2017
  1. See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

2. Poll
    Will you be richer or poorer than your parents?
    Useful resources
  3. See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

4. The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.