Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    OK FORREAL SOMEONE HELP ME
    I can't motivate myself to revise ?? like ?? I want mainly A*s but it just isn't going 2 happen at this rate
    I make timetables and can't stick to them ?? then end up pushing what was on one day on the next and so on...
    constantly procrastinating
    I come home from school & I get so tired & napping doesn't work bc I get more tired like honestly what do I do ??
    LOST MY PHONE so it's not even like apps are distracting me, I just end up feeling weary and leaving revision for that day to 11pm, when I don't want to start??

FIX ME

ReputationRep:
    I got the same problem atm but I didn't think about a timetable which I might do now, your lucky your doing GCSE's so the stress is little, but just find time and get it done. Set your self goals.

ReputationRep:
    Easy, follow these steps:

1. Buy a shock collar
    2. Wear it
    3. Give remote to mum/dad/someone responsible (or someone who hates you)
    4. Wait for a shock when being lazy

But on a more serious note, maybe you should stay in school to revise. It should motivate you a little more if you're in a learning environment. Also maybe just constantly remind yourself that if you mess up at this stage, it will be hard for you in the future.

Trust me get it right now, and you won't regret it later on. I wish I could go back and actually study properly!

Good luck fellow TSR poster!

ReputationRep:
    Go to a library if you can, even a coffee shop could be a less distracting option. Make sure you're eating well too as that'll help your energy levels btw your username is rad

ReputationRep:
    Ok well I don't really have that problem BUT I think I can help 😊📖. Reward yourself after revising for perhaps an hour then stop for 10 minutes have some chocolate (although actually blueberries are supposed to be good for your brain so maybe have some of those) or listen to the radio or something. Then get back to making some notes or doing practise questions for another subject for an hour. Ten minute break. And so on. Go to bed no later than 9 and make sure you don't have your phone in your room so you get a good night of sleep. Maybe leave one day or a few hours at the end of the week to just do whatever you want as long as it has nothing to do with revision. Cramming willl not help, so don't even bother. You'd be better spending your time revising in advance and then relax try not to stress the night before. Also practise mindfulness (yes I know people hate that but it really works) where you just slowly think about all the things you've revised and learnt that day. Use highlighters to make your notes nice and be positive about revision, it really pays off in the end.
    Hope that helps
    🐬🐬🍄🦋📖📖📖📖

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by John10101)
    I got the same problem atm but I didn't think about a timetable which I might do now, your lucky your doing GCSE's so the stress is little, but just find time and get it done. Set your self goals.
    i'm not one to be giving advice but it is really satisfying to cross something off a timetable once you do it so try!!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Zoliii)

But on a more serious note, maybe you should stay in school to revise. It should motivate you a little more if you're in a learning environment. Also maybe just constantly remind yourself that if you mess up at this stage, it will be hard for you in the future.

Trust me get it right now, and you won't regret it later on. I wish I could go back and actually study properly!

I find that staying in to revise/work makes me so much more productive than at home. for example, I'm currently reading through TSR instead of doing my maths homework...

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Zoliii)

1. Buy a shock collar
    2. Wear it
    3. Give remote to mum/dad/someone responsible (or someone who hates you)
    4. Wait for a shock when being lazy

you know its bad when you actually start considering the shock collar://
    but haha thank you, I'm thinking I might need to head to the library and stuff cos I have noticed I do better in learning environments.
    going to try and let the future motivate me!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by midnightmonkey)
    Go to a library if you can, even a coffee shop could be a less distracting option. Make sure you're eating well too as that'll help your energy levels btw your username is rad
    I love libraries and coffee shops! Always get the best work done when I go, I'm just too lazy but I need to get back into going!
    Thank youu

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Almonti372)
    Ok well I don't really have that problem BUT I think I can help 😊📖. Reward yourself after revising for perhaps an hour then stop for 10 minutes have some chocolate (although actually blueberries are supposed to be good for your brain so maybe have some of those) or listen to the radio or something. Then get back to making some notes or doing practise questions for another subject for an hour. Ten minute break. And so on. Go to bed no later than 9 and make sure you don't have your phone in your room so you get a good night of sleep. Maybe leave one day or a few hours at the end of the week to just do whatever you want as long as it has nothing to do with revision. Cramming willl not help, so don't even bother. You'd be better spending your time revising in advance and then relax try not to stress the night before. Also practise mindfulness (yes I know people hate that but it really works) where you just slowly think about all the things you've revised and learnt that day. Use highlighters to make your notes nice and be positive about revision, it really pays off in the end.
    Hope that helps
    🐬🐬🍄🦋📖📖📖📖
    WOW thank u so much! this is all so helpful, can't wait to give it a go
    ur a legend haha OMG

ReputationRep:
    Best feeling in the world!!!!!🤗📖📑📕🎒
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    What newspaper do you read/prefer?
    Useful resources

Study tools

Rosette

Essay expert

Learn to write like a pro with our ultimate essay guide.

Thinking about uni already?

Thinking about uni already?

See where you can apply with our uni match tool

Student chat

Ask a question

Chat to other GCSE students and get your study questions answered.

Creating

Make study resources

Create all the resources you need to get the grades.

Planner

Create your own Study Plan

Organise all your homework and exams so you never miss another deadline.

Resources by subject

From flashcards to mind maps; there's everything you need for all of your GCSE subjects.

Papers

Find past papers

100s of GCSE past papers for all your subjects at your fingertips.

Help out other students

Can you help? Study help unanswered threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.