Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    Ive been having a bit of a long and hard debate about which uni would be better for the studying Architecture, as well as for the social scene and societies.
    Is anyone in a similar situation? Has someone studied at either uni and what were your experiences? Thanks

ReputationRep:
    Newcastle, Cambridge sucks

ReputationRep:
    Cambridge is better objectively, but I know people who did the course there and hated it. Newcastle is good too though.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Farchitect)
    Cambridge is better objectively, but I know people who did the course there and hated it. Newcastle is good too though.
    That's exactly what I'm worried about, going there and realising it's not much else besides the name. I guess I'll have to visit the faculty and take another look

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by mrolegkorol)
    That's exactly what I'm worried about, going there and realising it's not much else besides the name. I guess I'll have to visit the faculty and take another look
    The faculty is really nice, if very small, so that won't really help. You need to get some impartial insight on the course. Maybe head to their degree shower in the summer, it's usually in London somewhere.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Farchitect)
    The faculty is really nice, if very small, so that won't really help. You need to get some impartial insight on the course. Maybe head to their degree shower in the summer, it's usually in London somewhere.
    Thanks for the reply, I'll take a trip up there before Easter. I can't really be waiting around til summer, I need to firm a uni a lot sooner

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    What newspaper do you read/prefer?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.