Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Prescription swimming goggles in place of prescription sports goggles Watch

ReputationRep:
    Hey all.

In light of the recent end to the NFL season and the start of playoffs, I've become very interested in taking up American Football at my uni.

However... I have rather poor eyesight (-6.25 in each eye to be precise) so I constantly wear glasses and playing without glasses is not an option. I have contacts but I barely wear them and by no means do I enjoy them.

I started looking into prescription sports goggles but prices start at something like £90, however that's when I had the idea of prescription swimming goggles which you can get for under £30.

So my question is, does anyone know if it would be able to use swimming goggles in place of sports goggles? Is there really much of a difference? In American football they would be protected by direct impacts by helmets and face guards so a super strong material isn't needed anyway.

anyone else had experience with this?

Cheers <3

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: January 16, 2017
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Will you be richer or poorer than your parents?
    Useful resources

Quick link:

Unanswered sport threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.