Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    What are your favourite cookbooks?

I'm really enjoying a relatively new release 'Chicken & Rice' by Shu Han Lee which covers SE-Asian food. I've received Rick Steins' Far Eastern Odyssey for Xmas as I loved the shows so much.

ReputationRep:
    I don't really use cookbooks when I cook just because I usually do it from scratch. But for baking I I tend to use Be-Ro, it's old but reliable

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by 1secondsofvamps)
    I don't really use cookbooks when I cook just because I usually do it from scratch. But for baking I I tend to use Be-Ro, it's old but reliable
    I'm quite a quantitive person and hate guesswork, which is not really the most fun way of cooking but i like to be precise, therefore knowing exact measurements of ingredients is useful to me. Hence why I need recipes

ReputationRep:
    I don't use books, I use YouTube mainly. Are you subscribed to anything decent hezzlington

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Wilfred Little)
    I don't use books, I use YouTube mainly. Are you subscribed to anything decent hezzlington
    Cooking with chef dai, gordon ramsey, some korean lady i forgot her name but shes pretty big, diaries of a master sushi chef (nova bar or something like that) and i like gill meller on the river cottage yt channel

Any recrecommendations?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by hezzlington)
    Cooking with chef dai, gordon ramsey, some korean lady i forgot her name but shes pretty big, diaries of a master sushi chef (nova bar or something like that) and i like gill meller on the river cottage yt channel

Any recrecommendations?
    Sanjeev Kapoor
    Chetna Makan
    Jamie Oliver
    Caribbean Pot

That Italian guy Gennaro is good too.

Mostly what I do though is look for the recipe I want then watch a few and use the best one.

I have done a few of Madhur Jaffrey's, her book The Curry Bible is meant to be good.

students online now

800,000+

Exam discussions

Find your exam discussion here

Poll
Should predicted grades be removed from the uni application process
Useful resources

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.