Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    What are your favourite cookbooks?

I'm really enjoying a relatively new release 'Chicken & Rice' by Shu Han Lee which covers SE-Asian food. I've received Rick Steins' Far Eastern Odyssey for Xmas as I loved the shows so much.

ReputationRep:
    I don't really use cookbooks when I cook just because I usually do it from scratch. But for baking I I tend to use Be-Ro, it's old but reliable

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by 1secondsofvamps)
    I don't really use cookbooks when I cook just because I usually do it from scratch. But for baking I I tend to use Be-Ro, it's old but reliable
    I'm quite a quantitive person and hate guesswork, which is not really the most fun way of cooking but i like to be precise, therefore knowing exact measurements of ingredients is useful to me. Hence why I need recipes

ReputationRep:
    I don't use books, I use YouTube mainly. Are you subscribed to anything decent hezzlington

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Wilfred Little)
    I don't use books, I use YouTube mainly. Are you subscribed to anything decent hezzlington
    Cooking with chef dai, gordon ramsey, some korean lady i forgot her name but shes pretty big, diaries of a master sushi chef (nova bar or something like that) and i like gill meller on the river cottage yt channel

Any recrecommendations?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by hezzlington)
    Cooking with chef dai, gordon ramsey, some korean lady i forgot her name but shes pretty big, diaries of a master sushi chef (nova bar or something like that) and i like gill meller on the river cottage yt channel

Any recrecommendations?
    Sanjeev Kapoor
    Chetna Makan
    Jamie Oliver
    Caribbean Pot

That Italian guy Gennaro is good too.

Mostly what I do though is look for the recipe I want then watch a few and use the best one.

I have done a few of Madhur Jaffrey's, her book The Curry Bible is meant to be good.

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Would you like to hibernate through the winter months?
    Useful resources
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.