Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    I'm currently studying at university of Hertfordshire doing a sports studies undergraduate course; i was desperate to get into Herts and pushed myself to get the grades i needed to join last September, but since joining i've found myself so distracted with going out, meeting girls, going gym, and just general procrastination (anything but doing work or exams) that I honestly feel like i've missed out on soooooo much essential work. At first i was regularly going to lectures and doing my assignments, but as time went i came to realize that there's no teacher or parent to make or force me to go to any lectures and I could simply do all the assignments from my room or LRC and catch up in my spare time (when not at my part time job or ****ing around) but unfortunately i was not strict enough on myself and missing an abundance of lectures eventually led to me not knowing anything about a module, which led me to not even knowing when certain assignments were due or had to be started and it all sort've snowballed into a giant mess. I spoke to my brother over the recent xmas holidays who is a 3rd year at brighton and he advised to start again fresh this january and really try and give it my all. I intend to do this but im just worried ive missed too much work now and will fail the year because of this....Any advice on this would be great and i'd really appreciate it.

Cheers

ReputationRep:
    What's your average for this year? I'd be careful as many Unis will cap you at 40% if you fail and want to redo a year. Basically limiting you to a bog standard degree if and when you graduate.

You really need to ask yourself if you have the work ethic to carry on, first year is the easiest year, can you see yourself knuckling down and studying properly?

If your average isn't so bad for this year try your hardest to work from now on and try not to redo a year since it's an additional £9k if you do it again. Best of luck mate

ReputationRep:
    Did you pass your first semester? If so, just work hard this semester and make sure you get yourself into a good study routine for the more difficult years ahead. If you failed your first semester then you'll have to talk to your uni about what happens next.

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Did TEF Bronze Award affect your UCAS choices?
    Useful resources
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.