The Student Room Group
Graduation day, University of Glasgow
University of Glasgow
Visit website

I want to be a Journalist but UoG does not offer a Journalism major

I am a high school senior in San Francisco, CA. I am doing my best to learn about the UK schooling system but am having a tough time. I want to become a professional journalist and Glasgow is my top choice but they do not offer a Journalism major. Would I be better off going to Glasgow Caledonian for Journalism or should I stick with UoG and study English and Film and TV?
Reply 1
Original post by lizzylonergan
I am a high school senior in San Francisco, CA. I am doing my best to learn about the UK schooling system but am having a tough time. I want to become a professional journalist and Glasgow is my top choice but they do not offer a Journalism major. Would I be better off going to Glasgow Caledonian for Journalism or should I stick with UoG and study English and Film and TV?

UofG has a much much better international reputation than Caledonian

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Graduation day, University of Glasgow
University of Glasgow
Visit website
Reply 2
I'd say Glasgow uni and study the joint honors :smile: I got an offer for that course, maybe I'll C'ya there 😄
UWS has a journalism course taught at the Ayr campus. My friend is in Honours year there and absolutely loves it. He's had so many practical opportunities through it and has had work experience with several newspapers. :smile:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending