Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    Hi all,

I'm a Canadian student finishing up my last year of undergraduate in Economics with a minor in Mathematics. My university is ranked ~10th in Canada.

I'm hoping to gain admission to either the MSc Finance or MSc Finance and Economics at LSE.

I have completed 32/40 courses required for my degree. At present I have a 9.7/10 or ~3.98/4 GPA. I have yet to take the GMAT but will aim for at least high 600s, hopefully 700.

I have interned in IB at a Canadian investment bank. I'll also be joining the Bank of Canada next year (our central bank) and will work there for a year before returning to school in order to pursue graduate studies.

For those of you that are familiar with the admission standards, or have gained admission yourself, how does my profile rank against other students in these programs? I know that the programs are very, very competitive! I am pleased with my performance as an undergraduate so far but I am unsure of what my chances are.

Thanks!

ReputationRep:
    Hello,

You should definitely get an offer. Try aiming for at least 680+ for the gmat with a 49+ for quant. It'll really help further boost your (currently) good profile.

The GPA equivalent for a First is only 3.7 so you're way above the requirement. You shouldn't worry too much. Just focus on getting solid letters.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by tutonic)
    Hello,

You should definitely get an offer. Try aiming for at least 680+ for the gmat with a 49+ for quant. It'll really help further boost your (currently) good profile.

The GPA equivalent for a First is only 3.7 so you're way above the requirement. You shouldn't worry too much. Just focus on getting solid letters.
    Thanks! I'll take your word for it and focus on my letters. I appreciate the feedback.

Cheers!

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    What newspaper do you read/prefer?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.