Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Living in Halls, I've started to notice that those who are closest in my friendship group kinda take the p!ss out of me a lot. Recently I made a meal and I was finishing it off, so I remarked how pleased I was that it was a success and I turned around to see them snickering and laughing. I'm not entirely sure why, but it was like the idea of me doing something good was a joke. In addition to this, some of them will mock me for going to societies that I like. They will ask me if I am free on Y or X day, buT I say no because I have a certain thing coming up. THey'll just mock it and make out like it is a waste of time. It doesn't upset me, it just confuses and disappoints me a bit because I feel like I have been designated the role of the clown in the group. It also happens whenever we go anywhere, the inevitable joke of me pulling someone comes up and it really annoys me because they make out like I'm a creep who only wants to go out for some seedy hook-up. In addition to this, I also feel like they dismiss my opinions, the other day we were talking about someone who fell ill on a tv show and i asked what drugs it was they had taken because I didn't hear. They proceeded to laugh at me, and when I said "Why?" they said its obvious it can only be one drug.

What? :l It is actually making me down in hindsight. My solution is to just stay in my room which suits me, but I can't help but feel like a clown to them.
    • TSR Support Team
    • Welcome Squad

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Anonymous)
    Living in Halls, I've started to notice that those who are closest in my friendship group kinda take the p!ss out of me a lot. Recently I made a meal and I was finishing it off, so I remarked how pleased I was that it was a success and I turned around to see them snickering and laughing. I'm not entirely sure why, but it was like the idea of me doing something good was a joke. In addition to this, some of them will mock me for going to societies that I like. They will ask me if I am free on Y or X day, buT I say no because I have a certain thing coming up. THey'll just mock it and make out like it is a waste of time. It doesn't upset me, it just confuses and disappoints me a bit because I feel like I have been designated the role of the clown in the group. It also happens whenever we go anywhere, the inevitable joke of me pulling someone comes up and it really annoys me because they make out like I'm a creep who only wants to go out for some seedy hook-up. In addition to this, I also feel like they dismiss my opinions, the other day we were talking about someone who fell ill on a tv show and i asked what drugs it was they had taken because I didn't hear. They proceeded to laugh at me, and when I said "Why?" they said its obvious it can only be one drug.

What? :l It is actually making me down in hindsight. My solution is to just stay in my room which suits me, but I can't help but feel like a clown to them.
    Talk to them about it, ask them to be honest with you. They're being childish and petty, quite frankly I wouldn't like to be flatmates with people like that either.

(Original post by Amefish)
    Talk to them about it, ask them to be honest with you. They're being childish and petty, quite frankly I wouldn't like to be flatmates with people like that either.
    When I ask I'm told "its a joke". It even happened an hour ago! I was talking to a friend about something, then one of the persons intercepted and made a snide remark.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Anonymous)
    When I ask I'm told "its a joke". It even happened an hour ago! I was talking to a friend about something, then one of the persons intercepted and made a snide remark.
    It's not a joke because it's not funny. It's rude! So playground and *****y

I know that I am not you but I have an unfortunate case of word vomit and I would definitely tell them that I didn't like their behaviour. And, if I didn't like the response, that I didn't like them either :unimpressed:

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: January 16, 2017
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Did TEF Bronze Award affect your UCAS choices?
    Useful resources
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.