Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    Hi,

I was referred to this website by my sister as she got a lot of help from here and i just wanted to get help with the best websites or places to find part time jobs because I want to be independent and some what self sustaining at least for a while.

Right now I do not have any prior experience of a professional nature, just physical labour from that time in year 10 where my school did this "Collaborative work experience thing"....It was really bad, i learn very basic level skills. It was honestly sad.
    I also have a CV that I fixed which was reviewed by multiple people who thought it was decent.
    Anyways I am sidetracking, I looked into so many places for a job, in retail, banking assistant, even working at a shop. They advertise the job as if it is a "glorious experience that is once in a life time".

I know it is all fake to wheel people in. I read the reviews, most were bad for the jobs i searched up recently and so i just need help on finding the right part time job.
    I have IT skills and media software skills. Along with knowledge on game development as a study Game design in college. I want to be able to at least do something around my skill set and if there is nothing i would take any other option. Apart from AVON...

Is there anyone who can help?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by V9Central)
    Hi,

I was referred to this website by my sister as she got a lot of help from here and i just wanted to get help with the best websites or places to find part time jobs because I want to be independent and some what self sustaining at least for a while.

Right now I do not have any prior experience of a professional nature, just physical labour from that time in year 10 where my school did this "Collaborative work experience thing"....It was really bad, i learn very basic level skills. It was honestly sad.
    I also have a CV that I fixed which was reviewed by multiple people who thought it was decent.
    Anyways I am sidetracking, I looked into so many places for a job, in retail, banking assistant, even working at a shop. They advertise the job as if it is a "glorious experience that is once in a life time".

I know it is all fake to wheel people in. I read the reviews, most were bad for the jobs i searched up recently and so i just need help on finding the right part time job.
    I have IT skills and media software skills. Along with knowledge on game development as a study Game design in college. I want to be able to at least do something around my skill set and if there is nothing i would take any other option. Apart from AVON...

Is there anyone who can help?
    Where do you live?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Nunchuck-master-2334)
    Where do you live?
    United Kingdom, London

ReputationRep:
    United Kingdom, London
    Are there any charity shops nearby?
    I live in Faversham, and do work for Foodbank.

ReputationRep:
    Are there any charity shops nearby?
    I live in Faversham, and do work for Foodbank.
    Theres like one in my area but they don't look like they are hiring.

ReputationRep:
    Theres like one in my area but they don't look like they are hiring.
    Give it a try!
    I'm sure they'll greatly appreiciate a volunteer.

ReputationRep:
    Give it a try!
    I'm sure they'll greatly appreiciate a volunteer.
    Okay I'll see what i can do here thanks.

ReputationRep:
    I started as floor staff in a nightclub when I was 16 and then moved onto the bar when I turned 18 also in London, lots of potentials here. I was manager at 21 because I had worked with them for so long so could be a shout for you! Handy experience for uni work too in case you are going down that route.

Poll
Have you ever experienced bullying?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.