Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    Hi,

I was referred to this website by my sister as she got a lot of help from here and i just wanted to get help with the best websites or places to find part time jobs because I want to be independent and some what self sustaining at least for a while.

Right now I do not have any prior experience of a professional nature, just physical labour from that time in year 10 where my school did this "Collaborative work experience thing"....It was really bad, i learn very basic level skills. It was honestly sad.
    I also have a CV that I fixed which was reviewed by multiple people who thought it was decent.
    Anyways I am sidetracking, I looked into so many places for a job, in retail, banking assistant, even working at a shop. They advertise the job as if it is a "glorious experience that is once in a life time".

I know it is all fake to wheel people in. I read the reviews, most were bad for the jobs i searched up recently and so i just need help on finding the right part time job.
    I have IT skills and media software skills. Along with knowledge on game development as a study Game design in college. I want to be able to at least do something around my skill set and if there is nothing i would take any other option. Apart from AVON...

Is there anyone who can help?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by V9Central)
    Hi,

I was referred to this website by my sister as she got a lot of help from here and i just wanted to get help with the best websites or places to find part time jobs because I want to be independent and some what self sustaining at least for a while.

Right now I do not have any prior experience of a professional nature, just physical labour from that time in year 10 where my school did this "Collaborative work experience thing"....It was really bad, i learn very basic level skills. It was honestly sad.
    I also have a CV that I fixed which was reviewed by multiple people who thought it was decent.
    Anyways I am sidetracking, I looked into so many places for a job, in retail, banking assistant, even working at a shop. They advertise the job as if it is a "glorious experience that is once in a life time".

I know it is all fake to wheel people in. I read the reviews, most were bad for the jobs i searched up recently and so i just need help on finding the right part time job.
    I have IT skills and media software skills. Along with knowledge on game development as a study Game design in college. I want to be able to at least do something around my skill set and if there is nothing i would take any other option. Apart from AVON...

Is there anyone who can help?
    Where do you live?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Nunchuck-master-2334)
    Where do you live?
    United Kingdom, London

ReputationRep:
    United Kingdom, London
    Are there any charity shops nearby?
    I live in Faversham, and do work for Foodbank.

ReputationRep:
    Are there any charity shops nearby?
    I live in Faversham, and do work for Foodbank.
    Theres like one in my area but they don't look like they are hiring.

ReputationRep:
    Theres like one in my area but they don't look like they are hiring.
    Give it a try!
    I'm sure they'll greatly appreiciate a volunteer.

ReputationRep:
    Give it a try!
    I'm sure they'll greatly appreiciate a volunteer.
    Okay I'll see what i can do here thanks.

ReputationRep:
    I started as floor staff in a nightclub when I was 16 and then moved onto the bar when I turned 18 also in London, lots of potentials here. I was manager at 21 because I had worked with them for so long so could be a shout for you! Handy experience for uni work too in case you are going down that route.

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    What newspaper do you read/prefer?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.