Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Most idiotic course. EVER! Watch

ReputationRep:
    To say I was doing algebra in GCSE. I am now on a level 2 BTEC Workskills and they had me tallying the colour of cars that went past the college!
    • Aston Villa FC Supporter

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by College Guy)
    To say I was doing algebra in GCSE. I am now on a level 2 BTEC Workskills and they had me tallying the colour of cars that went past the college!
    BTEC is so easy right?

ReputationRep:
    I've heard a lot about that course, it really baffles me on what the outcome is meant to be when taking it.

ReputationRep:
    wow that is something we did once in primary school!

ReputationRep:
    It's courses like this that (unfairly) give BTECs a bad name...

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by CarysJSLewis)
    It's courses like this that (unfairly) give BTECs a bad name...
    No, BTECs get a bad name because they are easier than A levels.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Willy Pete)
    I disagree. Not all BTECs are easier than A levels. It's a common misconception that has lead a lot of people on my BTEC IT course to crash and burn. I took the IT BTEC because it actually gives you the opportunity to learn animation software (considering I'll be doing a degree in animation in September), and on my course (can't speak for others) we don't get spoon fed information which is what I experience in my combined English A level. So no, not all BTECs are easier than A levels

ReputationRep:
    I disagree. Not all BTECs are easier than A levels. It's a common misconception that has lead a lot of people on my BTEC IT course to crash and burn. I took the IT BTEC because it actually gives you the opportunity to learn animation software (considering I'll be doing a degree in animation in September), and on my course (can't speak for others) we don't get spoon fed information which is what I experience in my combined English A level. So no, not all BTECs are easier than A levels
    You can disagree, but you are still wrong.

ReputationRep:
    You can disagree, but you are still wrong.
    Fantastic argument there. Very mature.

ReputationRep:
    Fantastic argument there. Very mature.
    Thank you sir, I'm glad you conceded so swiftly.

ReputationRep:
    Well if you do 'hard' A level physics you could sit on your butt and watch a pendulum swinging.if you're going to be silly and reductive about it.

tallying cars could be the basis for teaching how to collect and analyse data

ReputationRep:
    Incorrect. You have failed to progress to the next level. Do not collect £200 when you pass GO.

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    What newspaper do you read/prefer?
    Useful resources
    AtCTs

Ask the Community Team

Got a question about the site content or our moderation? Ask here.

Welcome Lounge

Welcome Lounge

We're a friendly bunch. Post here if you're new to TSR.

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.