Turn on thread page Beta

Eight billionaires 'as rich as world's poorest half' watch

Announcements

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Acsel)

I'll defintiely get there one day. .
    I think you will too!

And when you have made lots of money you will find it was never about that. It was a pleasant by product. It was about the process of getting there. How you achieved it.

Why do you think Gates is giving it all to good causes before he dies? He transformed the planet, and in the process made sums of money so vast they lost all meaning.

It was not about the money for me either. Once you get beyond a certain level of comfort money is neither a motivator nor satisfier.

Admittedly it makes people treat you differently. It affords respect and power, and sexual appeal.

But it also puts up barriers. People hate success in others, it makes them feel bad about themselves. They are jealous of and hate those richer than them.

As this thread amply demonstrates!

Good luck anyway!
    • Community Assistant

ReputationRep:
    Community Assistant
    (Original post by astutehirstute)
    I think you will too!

And when you have made lots of money you will find it was never about that. It was a pleasant by product. It was about the process of getting there. How you achieved it.

Why do you think Gates is giving it all to good causes before he dies? He transformed the planet, and in the process made sums of money so vast they lost all meaning.

It was not about the money for me either. Once you get beyond a certain level of comfort money is neither a motivator nor satisfier.

Admittedly it makes people treat you differently. It affords respect and power, and sexual appeal.

But it also puts up barriers. People hate success in others, it makes them feel bad about themselves. They are jealous of and hate those richer than them.

As this thread amply demonstrates!

Good luck anyway!
    Oh it's never about the money. Chasing money gets you nowhere. Money is nothing more than an enabler. It allows you to buy material possessions, or have experiences, or just have more time because you aren't working 9-5. People think they want money, they actually want a lifestyle.

Very true about people hating success. Some learn from it and use it as a motivator but I've seen far more people who hate it when other people succeed. I've had people hate and try to bully me just because I was more intelligent than them. It's always funny to watch when people try to bully those who are more successful than themselves. It's like saying "ha ha you're better than me".

Thank you

Poll
Do you think parents should charge rent?
Useful resources

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.