Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    Does anyone study at the OU full time whilst working full time? Are they supportive? I'm worried it will be too much, however, I don't want to study part time as it will take 6 years to complete!

ReputationRep:
    People do occasionally do it, but please don't underestimate how full-on it would be. I usually suggest starting out with 60 credits on top of full-time work and seeing how you feel about it and how well you manage. If you try to do 120 and it's too much, you could put yourself off the whole thing or find that you haven't built a solid foundation for your later work. If you start at 60 and think you can manage more, then there's the option of upping it later; or of staying at 60 in which case yes, it will take 6 years, but 6 years will pass at just the same pace whether or not you study!

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Brussels sprouts
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.