The Student Room Group

UCAS University Questions

I've just sent away my application, but can anyone tell me if the order of choices affects whether or not I'll be accepted? Because the University I want to go to isn't my 1st choice. However, UCAS' website is confusing and didn't allow me to order them.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Lemtos
I've just sent away my application, but can anyone tell me if the order of choices affects whether or not I'll be accepted? Because the University I want to go to isn't my 1st choice. However, UCAS' website is confusing and didn't allow me to order them.

Posted from TSR Mobile

It makes no difference
Reply 2
Nah mate, i'm pretty sure it goes into alphabetical anyways.

After you get your offers, you choose a 1st choice and a second (insurance) choice. :smile:
Reply 3
Original post by Zoliii
Nah mate, i'm pretty sure it goes into alphabetical anyways.

After you get your offers, you choose a 1st choice and a second (insurance) choice. :smile:

Thank you so much for clearing that up for me! (Ironically, because I'm going into clearing as I applied after the deadline😩)

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 4
Original post by Lemtos
Thank you so much for clearing that up for me! (Ironically, because I'm going into clearing as I applied after the deadline😩)

Posted from TSR Mobile

Yea m8 no probs, good luck with your choices!
Original post by Lemtos

Posted from TSR Mobile

You're not in clearing - you've just applied late (like 17% of all applicants last year).

Clearing doesn't start until July.
Reply 6
Original post by PQ
You're not in clearing - you've just applied late (like 17% of all applicants last year).

Clearing doesn't start until July.

Thank you so much for reassuring me of that, everyone is so helpful on here! Love it.

Posted from TSR Mobile
I have a question but I am not sure if it can be completely answered; I want to complete my degree by going to a different uni per academic year. 1) Is that possible? I know I will have to talk to my institution about transfering, but I would like to know if it is possible. I study Forensic Studies.

Many thanks!!!!!!
Original post by meganwalker
I have a question but I am not sure if it can be completely answered; I want to complete my degree by going to a different uni per academic year. 1) Is that possible? I know I will have to talk to my institution about transfering, but I would like to know if it is possible. I study Forensic Studies.

Many thanks!!!!!!

It's possible to swap universities for second year if the courses are compatible (which isn't as simple as having the same names- the modules and learning outcomes for those modules need to be very similar).

In most cases students looking to transfer end up redoing a year at their new university.

Transfers into third year are incredibly unusual (particularly in science subjects) because universities award degree classifications based on year 2 and 3 marks. No university will be willing to use another university's marking for their degree classifications so your options are limited to compatible courses that will award degree classifications from final year marks only.

Quick Reply

Latest