The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Reply 80
Squishy
Nah, Queens' was founded twice. Other colleges have been amalgamated and so on.

Ah well, it's got the most exciting name!
Reply 81
Ellie4
NAd the only one to be founded twice. Poor old Mr Gonville doesn't get a look in with everyone shortening it to 'Caius' though. What realy made me want to go there was the 3 gate malarky they've got going on (I forget what they're all called, but the sentiment's very sweet).

Yeah!! Apply to Caius!! :smile: Erm...if i rememeber right....the first one is the gate of humility??

I can't remember the other two..but they progress upwards if you know what i mean...i'll look them up for ya! :smile:

G
Reply 82
Ellie4
Ah well, it's got the most exciting name!

Lol...twas funny that the only guy to apply there from our school is gay.....it kinda fit with the name Queen's :tongue:

Btw- the other two gates are the Gate of Virtue...and you graduate through the Gate of Honour....lovely! :smile:

G
Reply 83
gzftan
Yeah!! Apply to Caius!! :smile: Erm...if i rememeber right....the first one is the gate of humility??

I can't remember the other two..but they progress upwards if you know what i mean...i'll look them up for ya! :smile:

G

Yeah there's the one near the dining hall or something that you pass through every day, and the 3rd one when you graduate... (However, Trinity's still the best!)
Reply 84
What is this with Queens' and homosexuality? :confused:
Reply 85
Ellie4
(However, Trinity's still the best!)

Hmmmmmm...debatable!!! :tongue: In fact....we've already had a debate about this in the subforum!!!!

G
Reply 86
gzftan
Hmmmmmm...debatable!!! :tongue: In fact....we've already had a debate about this in the subforum!!!!

G

:biggrin:
Reply 87
Squishy
What is this with Queens' and homosexuality? :confused:

I dunno..i think the name just warrants a bit of pisstaking :tongue:

G
Reply 88
Ellie4
:biggrin:

Get a room you two. :biggrin:
Reply 89
Squishy
Get a room you two. :biggrin:

Rooms have walls.....a room is good!!! :wink: (not at you squishy....:wink: at ellie!!)

G
Reply 90
gzftan
Rooms have walls.....a room is good!!! :wink: (not at you squishy....:wink: at ellie!!)

G

*Drags Geoff off*
Reply 91
Ellie4
*Drags Geoff off*

= Proof of Geoff's Wall Theorum :tongue:

G
Why is it that some people always have to lower the tone? *Shakes head disapprovingly*
Reply 93
mobbdeeprob
Why is it that some people always have to lower the tone? *Shakes head disapprovingly*

Jealousy is a terrible thing!! :tongue:

G

Latest

Trending

Trending