Wouldn't you tell me ? :cry:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by retro_turtles)
    My bird and imaginary friend
    And me.

ReputationRep:
    My dog !

ReputationRep:
    I would probably tell my family and friends. No reason not to. They wouldn't be getting any of it.

I wouldn't fancy having my photo in the paper because I am quite a private person but at the same time, I wouldn't care if word got out.

I don't really see a problem with people knowing. I don't think I would struggle to know who my friends are. I'm no mug. I know who my friends are and aren't and I would quite happily tell those that aren't to **** off.

ReputationRep:
    Just my immediate family
    • Welcome Squad

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by joecphillips)
    Hopefully your bird isn't a parrot or everyone will know
    true, its a budgie so it can't exactly talk

(Original post by fardm76)
    Wouldn't you tell me ? :cry:
    i don't love you anymore so no :hand:

(Original post by SassKing13)
    And me.
    no

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by sleepinglions)
    Just my immediate family
    This. The more you'd advertise it the more chance of getting robbed or kidnapped or something some day...nah thanks.

ReputationRep:
    true, its a budgie so it can't exactly talk

i don't love you anymore so no :hand:

no
    :gasp:
    I see.

ReputationRep:
    My immediate family and my friends.

I wouldn't be concerned about anyone using me for money, and if they were I'd just cut them out my life.

ReputationRep:
    Nobody !!

ReputationRep:
    Only the people in my household.

My bird and imaginary friend
    That makes you sound like a mad woman.

ReputationRep:
    family; gf; and my closest friend

but i never 'play' the lottery (14,000,000/1 odds lol)
    • Welcome Squad

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by l'etranger)
    Only the people in my household.

That makes you sound like a mad woman.
    lol thanks for that

ReputationRep:
    lol thanks for that
    I meant it in the nicest possible way.
    • Welcome Squad

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by l'etranger)
    I meant it in the nicest possible way.
    i'm sure you did :lol:

ReputationRep:
    My former landlord and his wife won the lottery. Don't know exactly how much but a friend of theirs said it was about 100K. They spent a lot of the money doing up their two bedroom terraced house, which I eventually rented off them for eight years. He was a builder and she was a school dinner lady. They bought a house in the posh side of town for themselves to live in. They were a nightmare; would bully, intimidate me. Call round in the evenings when I was relaxing just watching TV with my son. Knock on the door unannounced to tell me they were here to "inspect the house" [their words]. Would then look around every single room, and criticise me if it was untidy. They didn't give me back my deposit when I left. I had to move because my son was moving to a secondary school in the September, and we needed to be living within the catchment area. Horrible horrible experience on the last day when I was handing them their keys back. Kind of hoping for some of my £400 back. There were a few scratches on the wooden door covering the fridge door. My son had made them when he was much younger. A few other minor things. I was standing in the living room. He was in the kitchen. He calls out to me, "Will you come in here?". So I was summoned into the kitchen like a naughty child to have the scratches pointed out to me. "What's this"? The whole house gone through with a fine tooth comb by the two of them. Pointing out, "This will need to be replaced as it's worn out ", etc. That type of thing. Fairly obvious they had absolutely no intention of giving me even a small amount of my deposit back. Nasty, nasty people. And you should see the amount of friends they both have; both on Facebook and in real life. Everyone thinks they are such great people. Well they've never had to rent a house off them, as if they had they would have seen a very different side to them. Anyway, their marriage ended for good about two years ago. He is still in his fancy house and she is in my old house, which apparently she never wanted to leave in the first place. *******s.

(Original post by Palmyra)
      my closest friend
      Aw, thanks. :blush:

1. See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

2. Poll
    What newspaper do you read/prefer?
    Useful resources
    AtCTs

Ask the Community Team

Got a question about the site content or our moderation? Ask here.

Welcome Lounge

Welcome Lounge

We're a friendly bunch. Post here if you're new to TSR.

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
  3. See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

4. The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.