The Student Room Group

Biggest non-academic regret of your life?

Signing up to TSR doesn't count.

It could be relationship wise, job/career wise etc

Mine would be not starting my sport earlier. The girl I lost my virginity to was a bad idea too..
Learning a language: French/Urdu (does that count as non-academic?)
(edited 7 years ago)

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
Laziness through school and uni. Like wanting to do stuff (e.g. go out, meet people, get a girlfriend, etc...) but not feeling bothered and just being an anti-social git.
Not being there for my best friend before she passed away and detaching myself due to the pain.

But also, not pursuing a career in music or acting.
(edited 7 years ago)
I thought I was too old to do ballet or ice skating professionally at 8. Also I wanted to become a dancer at 6 but my parents wanted me to focus on school.
Original post by Rhythmical
Not being there for my best friend before she passed away and detaching myself due to the pain.

But also, not pursuing a career in music or acting.

:frown:
Original post by hezzlington
Signing up to TSR doesn't count.

It could be relationship wise, job/career wise etc

Mine would be not starting my sport earlier. The girl I lost my virginity to was a bad idea too..

My regrets:

Signing up to TSR - yes it should count, 'coz its ruining my life...wah.....:bawling:

Keep an exploitative friendship longer than I should've (shudda dumped the f*cker)

Not doing STEM earlier - when everyone, even astrologer/psychic, said I should.

Learning a musical instrument when young - now I can't play sh*t. So jealous when my mates invited me to their recital where they played cello, violin and piano.
Original post by ThePricklyOne
My regrets:

Signing up to TSR - yes it should count, 'coz its ruining my life...wah.....:bawling:

Keep an exploitative friendship longer than I should've (shudda dumped the f*cker)

Learning a musical instrument when young - now I can't play sh*t. So jealous when my mates invited me to their recital where they played cello, violin and piano.

I put tsr doesn't count because I knew people would put it. Why is it ruining your life?
I put tsr doesn't count because I knew people would put it. Why is it ruining your life?

I've got an exam tomorrow..............
Reply 8
Not getting interested in a sport.
Not learning how effective head butting is at stopping bullying until just before leaving school.
So many that I can't post here.

I am consumed by regret, unfortunately.

Of the simple things (they don't make the top 50):

- I regret not continuing to play rugby.
- I regret being sedentary.
- I regret not taking a friend up on his offer of free fiddle lessons.
- I regret not taking care of my voice.
too young to properly regret anything tbh BUT i wish i could have savoured more time with people because now that they're not around anymore i feel kinda...idk...empty in a way?
I wish I took the blue pill.

Everyone visiting an astrologer or psychic had needed to do STEM earlier.
Original post by cambio wechsel
Everyone visiting an astrologer or psychic had needed to do STEM earlier.

The dude is a mate of mine.

I don't judge how people choose to live their life (i.e. they don't need mine or anyone's approval).

It's the ignorant bigots (like yourself, yes?) who needs to get an education.
The dude is a mate of mine.

I don't judge how people choose to live their life (i.e. they don't need mine or anyone's approval).

It's the ignorant bigots (like yourself, yes?) who needs to get an education.

If your friend is choosing to con people; you don't pass judgement?
If your friend is choosing to con people; you don't pass judgement?

I just mentioned astrologer, you and other guy decided that the dude is dodgy and/or anyone who has/visits an astrologer / psychic is clearly stupid.

What evidence do you have that:

1) the dude is a con?

2) anyone who uses him is stupid & needs an extra helping of STEM?

Sometimes you Progressives (cough) are just as bigoted as the Alt-Right/ Far Right....
Not joining clubs like ballet and majorettes (dance in general tbh)
Quitting violin
staking and losing my bank on runescape back in 2011
I just mentioned astrologer, you and other guy decided that the dude is dodgy and/or anyone who has/visits an astrologer / psychic is clearly stupid.

What evidence do you have that:

1) the dude is a con?

2) anyone who uses him is stupid & needs an extra helping of STEM?

Sometimes you Progressives (cough) are just as bigoted as the Alt-Right/ Far Right....

1) you inferred I was calling your friend a con. I posed the question if he is. There is a different.

2) you assume i'm a progressive because...?

Quick Reply

Latest