Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by BlueBandanna)
    I'm doing Neorealism for section A and Vertigo for Section C. Only difference is for section B i am doing Spectator's response (Documentary)
    Nice, does anyone have any idea about how to split your time up during the exam? Should I do 55 minutes per question or section A and B 1 hour each and 45 minutes for section C or something else?

ReputationRep:
    For Section C, our class is doing Fight Club. Do we get a choice out of three questions for it or two questions? I'm confused because looking at the 2016 past paper, there are two general questions in Section C and then one specific question for Fight Club as well. Which question should we do? Is it up to us?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ellenapples)
    Nice, does anyone have any idea about how to split your time up during the exam? Should I do 55 minutes per question or section A and B 1 hour each and 45 minutes for section C or something else?
    I usually do 50 mins for each question and this leaves me with 15 mins to read over or have some extra time if i run over etc

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by TheStudent2013)
    For Section C, our class is doing Fight Club. Do we get a choice out of three questions for it or two questions? I'm confused because looking at the 2016 past paper, there are two general questions in Section C and then one specific question for Fight Club as well. Which question should we do? Is it up to us?
    You can either choose to do one of the general questions at the top as they apply to all, or if you want to do one specifically for your film you only have one question to choose from.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by BlueBandanna)
    You can either choose to do one of the general questions at the top as they apply to all, or if you want to do one specifically for your film you only have one question to choose from.
    Thanks for clarifying that! For the general questions, when they mention critics, could you mention one critic and their views such as Eber/Stark or do you have to mention multiple critics?

ReputationRep:
    Thanks for clarifying that! For the general questions, when they mention critics, could you mention one critic and their views such as Eber/Stark or do you have to mention multiple critics?
    I would advise you mention multiple critics to support your point and maybe argue both sides. I hardly ever do those questions thou because i prefer the specific film ones.

ReputationRep:
    You can mention one critic but its best to have 3 in detail? Im going to be answering the critical review question instead, I feel this is the easiest way to get the context marks and provides for good material to write.

ReputationRep:
    Is anyone here doing German Expressionism and emotional response?? I'm doing Vertigo for section C though!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by JakeBowyer10)
    Any ideas on what the question for Talk to Her might be? Im praying for a good critical review one
    The critical reviews come up every year right?

ReputationRep:
    Yeah, Ive prepared heavily for the critical review / context question instead of doing the microfeautre/ theme one. Do whichever one you feel most comfortable on though

ReputationRep:
    Section A - World Cinema: La Haine and Tsotsi
    Section B - Horror & Emotional Response: The Exorcist and The Shining
    Section C - Critical Study: Vertigo

ReputationRep:
    Hey guys!

Just found this thread, was hoping to hear how everyone Is feeling for the exam tomorrow?

Hopefully I can get my A

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Thamim01)
    Hey guys!

Just found this thread, was hoping to hear how everyone Is feeling for the exam tomorrow?

Hopefully I can get my A
    i had a 4 hour revision session today on top of the revision i've been doing so i think i'm good. i'm gonna quickly go over stuff tonight. i'm feeling pretty good about this exam overall. Good Luck man, hope you get that A.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by BeeNicole15)
    Section A - World Cinema: La Haine and Tsotsi
    Section B - Horror & Emotional Response: The Exorcist and The Shining
    Section C - Critical Study: Vertigo
    What are your predicitions for section A? Praying its not specific!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by JakeBowyer10)
    Yeah, Ive prepared heavily for the critical review / context question instead of doing the microfeautre/ theme one. Do whichever one you feel most comfortable on though

Okay thank you! i have also prepared critical review response, good luck for tomorroww

ReputationRep:
    Anyone have notes on talk to her
    Or
    Iranian movies

ReputationRep:
    Anyone got any idea what kind of question will appear for Fight Club Section c?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by MJones237)
    Anyone got any idea what kind of question will appear for Fight Club Section c?
    question 17 will likely be a critical response fight club. so it will ask something like how has your critical approach to fight club change your response to fight club or something like that i think. my critical response is post-modernism. just make sure you know your themes and all the scene your gonna use. you need to know that film very well dude.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by wingwah)
    i had a 4 hour revision session today on top of the revision i've been doing so i think i'm good. i'm gonna quickly go over stuff tonight. i'm feeling pretty good about this exam overall. Good Luck man, hope you get that A.
    Thank you!! I'm sure you will be fine.

ReputationRep:
    Does anyone have a few quotes from Charles barr about Vertigo, Ive lost mine, not sure if it will be too necessary though

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Will you be richer or poorer than your parents?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.