Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by wingwah)
    question 17 will likely be a critical response fight club. so it will ask something like how has your critical approach to fight club change your response to fight club or something like that i think. my critical response is post-modernism. just make sure you know your themes and all the scene your gonna use. you need to know that film very well dude.
    How would you answer this questions? Going over my notes, I'm still not really sure how to answer the Fight Club question. I mean I know the structure is to mention a point and then use two scenes with film language such as micro -elements. But I don't quite understand how the question you have given as an example would be answered. In class, we've studied how to write essays on Consumerism, Masculinity, Feminist and Anarachy so those are the themes. Under what theme would your example question come up? Also, does only the specific question in Section C mention a specific theme, whereas the two general questions can have multiple themes?

ReputationRep:
    How do people think it went?

ReputationRep:
    I thought the questions for Urban cinema and Documentary were starling at first, but after a few mins I realised they were pretty good questions. Section C: Vertigo questions were good except reviews. God I hate review questions.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ictbubba)
    I thought the questions for Urban cinema and Documentary were starling at first, but after a few mins I realised they were pretty good questions. Section C: Vertigo questions were good except reviews. God I hate review questions.
    hey lovely, can you remember what the specific vertigo question was? can't believe i've forgotten already !! x

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by TheStudent2013)
    How would you answer this questions? Going over my notes, I'm still not really sure how to answer the Fight Club question. I mean I know the structure is to mention a point and then use two scenes with film language such as micro -elements. But I don't quite understand how the question you have given as an example would be answered. In class, we've studied how to write essays on Consumerism, Masculinity, Feminist and Anarachy so those are the themes. Under what theme would your example question come up? Also, does only the specific question in Section C mention a specific theme, whereas the two general questions can have multiple themes?
    sorry man i didnt see this. did you do ok in the end?

ReputationRep:
    How did you guys feel about the exam?

My teacher is v bad at preparing the class for the exam, we started doing exam content heavily literally two weeks ago hence I'm not sure if that exam went too well. As for my AS grade, it was pushed down to a B because of the C in the written exam. So if I got a B last year, what do I need to get this year to get an A or B??

ReputationRep:
    honestly, i feel like the exam went okay...maybe
    i think question 6 in section a (urban film), kind of was something different as in my class we never really specified on sound and focused on other techniques. section b was alright, and i liked question 26 which was for fight club, so im hoping i did well as my teacher gave me a c for my coursework although he kept saying it was doing well and everything... trust issues :

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by freylily)
    hey lovely, can you remember what the specific vertigo question was? can't believe i've forgotten already !! x
    It was something about visual storytelling, I did critical approaches so I dont know off the top of my head

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Tanchomil)
    How did you guys feel about the exam?

My teacher is v bad at preparing the class for the exam, we started doing exam content heavily literally two weeks ago hence I'm not sure if that exam went too well. As for my AS grade, it was pushed down to a B because of the C in the written exam. So if I got a B last year, what do I need to get this year to get an A or B??
    What did you get in AS and A2 coursework
    I got 156 in AS and something between 82 and 87 in coursework. I Need 77 marks to get an A overall providing My teachers markings are not changed.

Your overall grade is 400% of the course, with each unit being 100%

Grade bounderies are:
    A* = 360
    A = 320
    B = 280
    C = 240

ReputationRep:
    I asked my teacher what I got this year for my coursework but he wouldn't tell me do Idk and AS I'm not too sure as well

ReputationRep:
    What did you get in AS and A2 coursework
    I got 156 in AS and something between 82 and 87 in coursework. I Need 77 marks to get an A overall providing My teachers markings are not changed.

Your overall grade is 400% of the course, with each unit being 100%

Grade bounderies are:
    A* = 360
    A = 320
    B = 280
    C = 240

Do you remember what the AS coursework overall was out of?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Thamim01)
    Do you remember what the AS coursework overall was out of?
    100 for AS Exam
    100 for AS coursework
    100 for A2 Exam
    100 for A2 Coursework

Unlike the in WJEC media, marks for each unit tally 100

ReputationRep:
    It was something about visual storytelling, I did critical approaches so I dont know off the top of my head
    aah thank you sweet !! x

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    What newspaper do you read/prefer?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.