Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    Hello,

Are there any Muslims who will be studying in one of the City Centre campuses at BCU and staying in halls of residence, starting Sep 2017 ?

Am i allowed to request a room in an all-girls muslim section (if that even exists..) . This is because i am a muslim myself and i would prefer to live near those who share the same principles as me i.e no drinking, no clubbing/partying, no loud music etc..

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by lifeisbeautiful1)
    Hello,

Are there any Muslims who will be studying in one of the City Centre campuses at BCU and staying in halls of residence, starting Sep 2017 ?

Am i allowed to request a room in an all-girls muslim section (if that even exists..) . This is because i am a muslim myself and i would prefer to live near those who share the same principles as me i.e no drinking, no clubbing/partying, no loud music etc..

Hi, they could possibly have all girl flats as I have seen this in other unis. It's best if you email them and ask.

I would also recommend messaging the university's ISOC and enquiring about accommodation, they may be able to give advice.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by IdeasForLife)
    Hi, they could possibly have all girl flats as I have seen this in other unis. It's best if you email them and ask.

I would also recommend messaging the university's ISOC and enquiring about accommodation, they may be able to give advice.
    Thank you!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by lifeisbeautiful1)
    Hello,

You could get accommodation where there are all girls but I don't think they would give you one with all Muslim girls. There aren't many Muslim girls who live in accommodation anyway, most live at home and commute to university.

Posted from TSR Mobile

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    How are your GCSEs going so far?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.