Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Help: My sisters live disgustingly Watch

I have to share a room with my sisters who are 20 and 17, temporarily.

None of them look after themselves.

They make a mess every single day, they don't wash their plates after eating and are not bothered to sweep the house.

They always complain that they are busy? but with what?

I do not see them being productive in a any shape or form.

All they ever do is go on their laptops and my little sister would be Skyping her friends every single day.

I just hate living in a messy environment, hence i sweep the house and sometimes wash up after them.

I do blame all of this on my mum because she spoils them.

They were never trained to wash up, clean and look after themselves.

Even simple hygiene routines they do not follow, such as washing 'down there' when they are on their periods.

I am seriously embarrassed to talk about them in public because everything is embarrassing about them.

My older sister has not taken a shower/bath for a while and when i addressed that, she claimed that she does not smell so her body is fine.

I tried to explain to her, just because you do not smell, it does not mean your body is fine.

Sure, your outward appearance may be fine but what of the inside, the bacteria and germs all over your body that accumulate over a certain period of time.

None of them listen to my mum and dad, let alone me.

I don't know what to do.

I have addressed this with my parents but they say what ever comes around goes around.

I still feel like my parents are not taking their duties seriously.

what is the point of having children when you cannot even each them basic hygiene life skills.

I am not trying to say that i am the best, but i wash up, clean etc without my parents nagging me.

I feel sorry for my parents because 2 of their kids do not listen to them when it comes to washing up and cleaning their mess.

I had enough of my sisters' excuses that they can't wash their plates nor clean up especially, when they have nothing better to do than be on their laptops, probably doing rubbish.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Anonymous)
    Even simple hygiene routines they do not follow, such as washing 'down there' when they are on their periods.
    Sounds like my kind of woman

:erm:

Bump

ReputationRep:
    How on Earth do you know whether they're washing 'down there' while on their period... :/

Nothing you can do if they don't listen to you. Just grit your teeth and ignore them.

ReputationRep:
    Keep your part of the room clean. Hopefully, it will motivate them to clean their part of the room. If not, at least your bit is clean.

Well, maybe don't clean up after them for a bit. I'm sure they'll have to when there's no clean plates left.

:erm: how would you know if they wash down there or not?

If you think talking to them will help, go about this wisely. If you seem condescending, it could just make them rebellious and not bother at all.
    I say actions speak louder than words, so keep up your hygiene and hopefully they'll follow..if not, i don't see what you can do except to ignore it.

ewww. I would get beatings i had poor hygiene or if I don't clean up after myself. at this point I really don't know what you could tbh. Have you tried moving out? if you do they would get the seriousness of the situation.

plus do you always tell them to clean after themselves in a nice way? if so and that hasn't worked be really harsh with them and tell them they stink as hell. I'm a girl and if one of my sister's or brothers had poor hygiene I would be on their case lool. but that's just me haha

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by doodle_333)
    How on Earth do you know whether they're washing 'down there' while on their period... :/

Nothing you can do if they don't listen to you. Just grit your teeth and ignore them.
    can smell some girls a mile off.

ReputationRep:
    I presume you are a girl as well how come three people share one room? Maybe just keep harassing your parents or just tell your sisters that they do smell and their behaviour is selfish.

Women are smelly shites aren't they

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: February 17, 2017
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    What newspaper do you read/prefer?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.