Let's talk about sex Watch

• View Poll Results: Would you prefer to be told about sex by your:
    Parents
    18.71%
    Teachers
    81.29%

• Political Ambassador

(Original post by Hydeman)
    I know. Your reasoning was that your parents had done a great job of it - I was just saying that those who voted otherwise possibly didn't have the same good fortune.
    I just thought that more people would prefer their own parents to discuss with them instead of some strangers, after all parents need to provide moral guidelines.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by EC)
    I wouldn't want my teachers to do it, my parents did a great job starting perfectly normal discussions about sex and sharing their experience. Then I did my own research and educated myself. It's really easy to learn on your own today with all the information that surrounds you.
    I'd find it awkward talking to my mother about sex :rofl:
    • Community Assistant

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by AcademicDevotion)
    Teach the basic biological functions of it and nothing else. Giving any additional advice simply endorses pre-marital copulations and that is highly undesirable in a society. No counselling or handing out condoms or any wishy washy guff, just proper morality and physical consequences if you dont adhere to it.
    Are you actually from the 1950s? Society has moved on a lot in the last few decades, in case you didn't know. Pre-marital coitus is not socially frowned upon except by a fringe minority in modern British society.

Providing contraception is definitely a good thing because, at the end of the day, young people are going to have sex. And as they're going to do it anyway, they should be doing it without contracting venereal diseases or getting pregnant.

ReputationRep:
    nowadays teachers are ****ing the students

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Mactotaur)
    It's the teacher's job, but there is one problem:

Sex education in this country is frankly a joke. Half the 'experts' don't know their own facts, and it barely addresses heterosexual sex, let alone even mentioning that other sexual orientations exist and are perfectly natural. We need better education, because right now we have one of the highest teenage birth rates in the whole of Europe.
    Don't expect any change while Theresa May is in power. As we saw again last month, Tories are adamant on blocking improvements to sex education in the interest of faith schools and the CoE.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Chúpamela porfi)
    Care to say where you've got this from sweetie? Because I'm a gigantic slut and I've never felt bad the day after
    Its quite well known that certain women feel hollow after home boy has pumped and dumped. Having a long term partner is inherently safer and more predictable whereas these ONS's tend to drag one in to a ballpark of unhealthy emotions and associated dangerous lifestyles. One form of instant gratification tends to lead to another and so on.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Unown Uzer)
    That's because the American liberal media encourages people to have sex. Just watch Hollywood films about people of this age and there is tremendous pressure on them to have sex. The teachers and school administration are just as useless. You go to an American High School, and outside the classrooms, there is no control whatsoever. You have teenagers doing PDA and students smoking outside schools, but neither the teachers nor the school administration do anything about these things at all. In this way, they are basically encouraging this behaviour, and given that some of them even hand out condoms to their students, they are really encouraging them to have sex.

This is also reflected by how many students in both the UK and the US are slackers, with many of them putting in hardly any effort into their studies, and some even skip classes. This is unacceptable. We need to be encouraging them to seek a better future for themselves by studying hard at school to get the top grades, and parents should be making sure that their children are achieving the top scores by spending more time revising, instead of going out without the knowledge of their parents to some party where they get drunk and have sex, and someone probably gets pregnant. If we are to encourage students to work hard, firstly, the scores of all students should be made available to all students, and students are ranked based on the grades they get. Doing this encourages competition. Secondly, we should reduce all these unemployment benefits (which I know you leftists do not like), to act as an incentive for students to study hard and get a good job, instead of knowing that they would get good unemployment benefits anyway and therefore do not work hard.

If you do not believe that teaching abstinence without teaching about how to use condoms and whatever does not work, just look at places like South Korea, Hong Kong, and Japan. Teenage pregnancy rates are much lower there than in many European countries that have comprehensive sex-ed, such as the Netherlands, Denmark, and Sweden.
    Your obsessive rabid hatred of the 'liberal media' is the problem here.

(Original post by macromicro)
    Don't expect any change while Theresa May is in power. As we saw again last month, Tories are adamant on blocking improvements to sex education in the interest of faith schools and the CoE.
    My hopes aren't high.

ReputationRep:
    Its quite well known that certain women feel hollow after home boy has pumped and dumped. Having a long term partner is inherently safer and more predictable whereas these ONS's tend to drag one in to a ballpark of unhealthy emotions and associated dangerous lifestyles. One form of instant gratification tends to lead to another and so on.
    This is called the 'slippery slope' fallacy. Note the word fallacy.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Manitude)
    Are you actually from the 1950s? Society has moved on a lot in the last few decades, in case you didn't know. Pre-marital coitus is not socially frowned upon except by a fringe minority in modern British society.

Providing contraception is definitely a good thing because, at the end of the day, young people are going to have sex. And as they're going to do it anyway, they should be doing it without contracting venereal diseases or getting pregnant.
    Its not socially frowned upon because the public are seduced and brainwashed by zionist Hollywood/MTV. There is no inevitability about young intercourse, those that take their educational responsibilities serious dont do it and those that dont give a **** will. However, the threat of a belt up the arse from dad is certainly the fastest way to deal with any sudden impulse to chase the nearest young stud.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by jambojim97)
    Ok. Sex. There.

ReputationRep:
    This is called the 'slippery slope' fallacy. Note the word fallacy.
    I dunno why you're so proud of promoting degeneracy does it make you feel somehow enlightened or something? What you are advocating is pure socially destructive nihilism.
    • Community Assistant

ReputationRep:
    Its not socially frowned upon because the public are seduced and brainwashed by zionist Hollywood/MTV. There is no inevitability about young intercourse, those that take their educational responsibilities serious dont do it and those that dont give a **** will. However, the threat of a belt up the arse from dad is certainly the fastest way to deal with any sudden impulse to chase the nearest young stud.
    Zionist hollywood? Are you actually high as a kite right now? :giggle:

ReputationRep:

ReputationRep:
    Its no secret that Hollywood, the banks, pharma, news...all of it is controlled by jewish/secret societies. Associated Press, Reuters, Time Warner all have connections to Israel/Rothschild. Basically the decline in morality really took after the Frankfurt school in the 60s which was set up by a gang of communist marxist jews with the intention of destroying western society by undermining it from within and attacking its foundations. Demolishing nationalism, religion, morality and encouraging state dependency were all part and parcel of that ideology.

ReputationRep:
    online videos... isn't that how we all learned about it

ReputationRep:
    my parents view on love, sex ed and all related are by far nowhere near reality.
    Plus they then don't stop going on about it when i ask (just to be annoying in a silly way)

i prefer teachers. Then again if i was a girl i don't know.... a lot more personal things in my opinion
    • Community Assistant

ReputationRep:
    Its no secret that Hollywood, the banks, pharma, news...all of it is controlled by jewish/secret societies. Associated Press, Reuters, Time Warner all have connections to Israel/Rothschild. Basically the decline in morality really took after the Frankfurt school in the 60s which was set up by a gang of communist marxist jews with the intention of destroying western society by undermining it from within and attacking its foundations. Demolishing nationalism, religion, morality and encouraging state dependency were all part and parcel of that ideology.

It's alright mate, you can take off the tin foil hat.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by HollyGeordie)
    I called it an hour ago.

ReputationRep:
    Your obsessive rabid hatred of the 'liberal media' is the problem here.

My hopes aren't high.
    It is clear you couldn't respond to any of my points, so you are just focusing on my attack on the liberal media, which really is a significant contributing factor in why there are high rates of minors engaging in sex in the UK.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Unown Uzer)
    It is clear you couldn't respond to any of my points, so you are just focusing on my attack on the liberal media, which really is a significant contributing factor in why there are high rates of minors engaging in sex in the UK.
    They always throw out 'tin foil hat' aswell. This place is full of paid zionists.

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Will you be richer or poorer than your parents?
    Useful resources
    AtCTs

Ask the Community Team

Got a question about the site content or our moderation? Ask here.

Welcome Lounge

Welcome Lounge

We're a friendly bunch. Post here if you're new to TSR.

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.