The Student Room Group

Are you considering nursing as a postgraduate option?

Hi guys :wavey:

Emma Dent - a freelance journalist - is writing an article for Guardian Higher Education about third year uni students who are considering nursing as their post-grad option.

The article is a positive piece about:

- why nursing is an aspirational postgraduate career option and
- why you're considering it if you've not studied nursing for your first degree.

Emma is interested in speaking to anyone who matches the above criteria, no matter what area of nursing you're interested in.

If you're interested in sharing your opinion and experience, send me a private message with your name and phone number and I'll pass it on.

She will be conducting 20 minute phone interviews later this week/the start of next week.

Original post by discobish
Hi guys :wavey:

Emma Dent - a freelance journalist - is writing an article for Guardian Higher Education about third year uni students who are considering nursing as their post-grad option.

The article is a positive piece about:

- why nursing is an aspirational postgraduate career option and
- why you're considering it if you've not studied nursing for your first degree.

Emma is interested in speaking to anyone who matches the above criteria, no matter what area of nursing you're interested in.

If you're interested in sharing your opinion and experience, send me a private message with your name and phone number and I'll pass it on.

She will be conducting 20 minute phone interviews later this week/the start of next week.

Given the removal of funding for PGDip Nursing courses and the lack of any replacement (as there has been for undergrad courses) - I can't imagine there's a huge demand for postgrad nursing this year.

Emma might be better off chasing the funding bodies and the government about why they've removed funding without any replacements in place and effectively cut off PGDip as a postgrad route into nursing for the 2016/17 graduating cohort.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending