Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
x Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    Still nothing.....

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ssh555)
    Maybe people who got AAA did better in the interview or contextual data?

Posted from TSR Mobile
    defo not contexual data as i live in north hampshire

ReputationRep:
    I got AAA too! I think it is contextual data - going to a state school - if you look on their website there's a % of GCSE / A level results that they count as under performing

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by emelinaw)
    I got AAA too! I think it is contextual data - going to a state school - if you look on their website there's a % of GCSE / A level results that they count as under performing
    It legit can't be as I go/ have been to some of the top performing state schools in the UK

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by clairebear101)
    It legit can't be as I go/ have been to some of the top performing state schools in the UK
    Selective school?

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    I don't think it can be, I go to a good school. The only thing I can think of is I'm the first to apply/go to uni but I'm not sure if that's even looked at tbh

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ssh555)
    Selective school?

Posted from TSR Mobile
    No, its fully comprehensive, open to anyone in the area, i just live in a fairly well off area and so contexual data simply cannot be the reason for these werid offer grades

ReputationRep:
    I'm sure it can't be contextual as I went to a fairly low performing state secondary however my offer is A*AA

ReputationRep:
    I'm not sure what else it could be tbh.. I'm pretty sure my school qualifies as bad, and I don't think it would be fair to give lower offers to good schools.. It could perhaps be by interview score but I don't know if that happens

ReputationRep:
    I'm not sure what else it could be tbh.. I'm pretty sure my school qualifies as bad, and I don't think it would be fair to give lower offers to good schools.. It could perhaps be by interview score but I don't know if that happens
    Maybe interview scores or points before interview?

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    I think if you go to a selective/very well performing school it's an a*aa, and if it's a open to all comprehensive/not so well performing school you're given AAA due to teaching differences. I've emailed to ask anyway so we'll see what the response is...

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Iw1999)
    Maybe interview scores or points before interview?

Posted from TSR Mobile
    that's a good point, i got 10 on the interview calculator thing so that could be it

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by poppyb787)
    that's a good point, i got 10 on the interview calculator thing so that could be it
    I got 8.5 so I'm not sure.. + I'm pretty sure they said that past interview it's only you interview score that is taken into account. Either way I'm very happy!

ReputationRep:
    I got 8.5 so I'm not sure.. + I'm pretty sure they said that past interview it's only you interview score that is taken into account. Either way I'm very happy!
    ooh, the plot thickens! yeah, it's nice to have a bit of the pressure taken off. I was really confused when I got my offer through on Track because I was expecting A*AA :excited:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by poppyb787)
    ooh, the plot thickens! yeah, it's nice to have a bit of the pressure taken off. I was really confused when I got my offer through on Track because I was expecting A*AA :excited:
    Haha indeed yes it was a lovely surprise, especially after my abysmal mock results

ReputationRep:
    Haha indeed yes it was a lovely surprise, especially after my abysmal mock results
    My school is very well performing yet my offer is AAA which was a lovely suprise! I recon it's the interview score
    - basically the uni wants us more and lowered our offer i guess?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by clairebear101)
    My school is very well performing yet my offer is AAA which was a lovely suprise! I recon it's the interview score
    - basically the uni wants us more and lowered our offer i guess?
    Could be! That would be interesting to know - I didn't think my interview had gone that well so that's cool!

ReputationRep:
    Mine still hasn't come through.... I'm so impatient!!

ReputationRep:
    when did you all have your interviews? early december? has anyone who had an interview in january had an offer yet?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Jackrosser97)
    when did you all have your interviews? early december? has anyone who had an interview in january had an offer yet?
    the decisions that have come through are only for the nov/dec interview series, i believe january interviewees are informed of the outcome in march

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
Updated: May 17, 2017
Poll
Do you agree with the proposed ban on plastic straws and cotton buds?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.