Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by poppyb787)
    the decisions that have come through are only for the nov/dec interview series, i believe january interviewees are informed of the outcome in march
    oh right, congrats on your offer! and thats annoying for January interviewees

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Jackrosser97)
    oh right, congrats on your offer! and thats annoying for January interviewees
    thank you! yeah, it's a bit strange the way they do things, especially as not all the nov/dec interviewees hear in jan - some have to wait until march - and birmingham are interviewing next week still!

ReputationRep:
    If you look here: http://www.birmingham.ac.uk/undergra...ryRequirements the threshold for contextual isn't that low - <80% 5A*-C inc English and Maths for GCSEs and a mid-C average at A-Level, so a lot of "good" comprehensive schools will still fall into that.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Zedna)
    If you look here: http://www.birmingham.ac.uk/undergra...ryRequirements the threshold for contextual isn't that low - <80% 5A*-C inc English and Maths for GCSEs and a mid-C average at A-Level, so a lot of "good" comprehensive schools will still fall into that.
    My school had considerably lower than this yet my offer is A*AA

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by livvy1505)
    My school had considerably lower than this yet my offer is A*AA
    You have to meet both the A-Level school and GCSE school requirements though - is your A-Level school badly performing too?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Zedna)
    You have to meet both the A-Level school and GCSE school requirements though - is your A-Level school badly performing too?
    My school AND college are wayyy above this performance and have around 90% getting thoose grades with 100% in a lot of subjects and i have an AAA offer

ReputationRep:
    Let's hope I get a reply soon to the email I sent to stop all the speculation😂.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by clairebear101)
    My school AND college are wayyy above this performance and have around 90% getting thoose grades with 100% in a lot of subjects and i have an AAA offer
    Haha who knows then University admissions work in mysterious ways....

ReputationRep:
    No offers today? Still waiting on mine

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    just wondering, do we get to go to an offer holders' day?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by L7416)
    just wondering, do we get to go to an offer holders' day?
    They say courses with interviews won't have one

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Iw1999)
    They say courses with interviews won't have one
    i think youre right, they gave us a tour on interview day so wont hold separate offers day

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by MattJacks)
    i think youre right, they gave us a tour on interview day so wont hold separate offers day
    aw damn, I didn't make it to the open day
    do you think I'll have any other chances to see accommodation etc

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by L7416)
    You could go to the June open day?

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by L7416)
    there are open days this year that you could attend so yeah by all means

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ssh555)
    Let's hope I get a reply soon to the email I sent to stop all the speculation😂.

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Did you get a reply to your email about the differing offers? My daughter has an AAA offer and yet her friend has an A*AA offer.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Debs25)
    Did you get a reply to your email about the differing offers? My daughter has an AAA offer and yet her friend has an A*AA offer.
    No I haven't got a reply yet, might be better to ring and ask instead since that'd be faster.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Does anyone know if Birmingham will agree to an offer deferring for a year? Want to see a bit of the world before I'm caught up in the never ending conveyor belt.

ReputationRep:
    I've got my offer letter and I'm a bit confused as to when we should start getting Hep B vaccinations. Should we start the course asap?

ReputationRep:
    Yeah, I haven't had any and it says we need three rounds before we start..... fun times.....

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Did TEF Bronze Award affect your UCAS choices?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.