Turn on thread page Beta

Dont know what to do if I dont make my Uni grades (Gap Year?) watch

Announcements

ReputationRep:
    Hi all.
    I'm currently looking for a backup plan and have applied to university. My firm and second choice are going to be University of Birmingham and Aston respectively. I was just wondering if worst comes to worst would this scenario look bad if i reapply?

I want to take a gap year and resit relevant modules, While working in an admin based job. The course I applied for is Accounting and finance. Would this look bad on my UCAS? I know resitting will always be frowned upon but i want to know if this is a good plan.

Many thanks
    • Section Leader
    • Very Important Poster
    • Peer Support Volunteers

ReputationRep:
    Section Leader
    Very Important Poster
    Peer Support Volunteers
    presuming those universities accept resits and you used your gap year productively i think that could work.

(Original post by Junaid12)
    Hi all.
    I'm currently looking for a backup plan and have applied to university. My firm and second choice are going to be University of Birmingham and Aston respectively. I was just wondering if worst comes to worst would this scenario look bad if i reapply?

I want to take a gap year and resit relevant modules, While working in an admin based job. The course I applied for is Accounting and finance. Would this look bad on my UCAS? I know resitting will always be frowned upon but i want to know if this is a good plan.

Many thanks

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by claireestelle)
    presuming those universities accept resits and you used your gap year productively i think that could work.
    Cheers for the reply, and yeah they do. What would be involved in a productive gap year? I honestly dont know. Thanks for the help
    • Section Leader
    • Very Important Poster
    • Peer Support Volunteers

ReputationRep:
    Section Leader
    Very Important Poster
    Peer Support Volunteers
    (Original post by Junaid12)
    Cheers for the reply, and yeah they do. What would be involved in a productive gap year? I honestly dont know. Thanks for the help
    As long as you do something beneficial like read up more on your subject and maybe get some more work experience I wouldn't worry about it

ReputationRep:
    I think if you are going to take a gap year you should certainly look at getting some solid work experience.

Poll
Do you think parents should charge rent?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.