The Student Room Group

I want to get into web design!! HELP

For the past months I've been contemplating a career in web design and what could be a future career in it. I originally wanted to apply for an art foundation but every time I think about my future as an artist there is a knot inside my stomach and I have conflicting thoughts about it. But when I think about a career in web designing I actually feel confident and I think I can start a career in it. I have really good design sense and have made a couple of websites when I was 13 but I want to actual coding like HTML. I have also thought about a career in architecture but I have heard that many people hated the course and that it's not worth the 7 years. I'm not prepared to do a career in architecture either. I am able to draw and construct buildings but architecture doesn't interest me at all. Where can I start a web design career and how do I learn to code? I've been told that uni might help but only if you have the money. Could the career actually work for me? Any help would be greatly appreciated
Sorry you've not had any responses about this. :frown: Are you sure you've posted in the right place? :smile: Here's a link to our subject forum which should help get you more responses if you post there. :redface:

Just quoting in Danny Dorito so she can move the thread if needed :wizard:

Spoiler

Original post by Faz1999
For the past months I've been contemplating a career in web design and what could be a future career in it. I originally wanted to apply for an art foundation but every time I think about my future as an artist there is a knot inside my stomach and I have conflicting thoughts about it. But when I think about a career in web designing I actually feel confident and I think I can start a career in it. I have really good design sense and have made a couple of websites when I was 13 but I want to actual coding like HTML. I have also thought about a career in architecture but I have heard that many people hated the course and that it's not worth the 7 years. I'm not prepared to do a career in architecture either. I am able to draw and construct buildings but architecture doesn't interest me at all. Where can I start a web design career and how do I learn to code? I've been told that uni might help but only if you have the money. Could the career actually work for me? Any help would be greatly appreciated

Hey there,

We have these course to offer to you: You can check the links if any interests you~
BA Web media
BA Architecture
BA Coding and design

We are based in London, if you're interested why don't you visit us during Open day? We have many industry links for each of our courses which helps us get a job, internships and experiences after graduating!

We look forward to seeing you soon!
Ahlia :biggrin:

Quick Reply

Latest