Turn on thread page Beta

Solutions to do certain modules of degree after graduating with poor result watch

Announcements

ReputationRep:
    Hi,

I finished with a 3rd from my law degree at my university. I graduated in 2015.

I didn't fail any modules collectively, however in my Company Law modules I failed the coursework assessment with 0% and Commercial law Coursework with 35%.

Due to this, it dragged me down to a third. It was due to extenuating circumstances, however this wasn't taken into account as it passed the deadline.

That is just the background.

My issue is what process can I take to 'retake' certain modules to place myself higher than a 3rd in my degree?

Is there any university where I can use previous accreditation and just take certain modules again as I already have the credits to then make this LLB honours into a 2:2 or 2:1.

I wouldn't want to do the entire third year again, not that I can at my university as I technically passed, I would like to resit modules which would help me with my degree classification.

Also If this was the case, would this automatically boost up my mark to a 2:2 or would it be a separate degree in itself?

Thanks

ReputationRep:
    I wouldn't have thought so because as you said, you technically passed. You can't even retake modules if you pass them whilst you're still at uni, let alone once you've graduated.. I mean you could try looking at the Open University and do the separate modules there but it wouldn't affect your original degree

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by sundeep525)
    Hi,

I finished with a 3rd from my law degree at my university. I graduated in 2015.

I didn't fail any modules collectively, however in my Company Law modules I failed the coursework assessment with 0% and Commercial law Coursework with 35%.

Due to this, it dragged me down to a third. It was due to extenuating circumstances, however this wasn't taken into account as it passed the deadline.

That is just the background.

My issue is what process can I take to 'retake' certain modules to place myself higher than a 3rd in my degree?

Is there any university where I can use previous accreditation and just take certain modules again as I already have the credits to then make this LLB honours into a 2:2 or 2:1.

I wouldn't want to do the entire third year again, not that I can at my university as I technically passed, I would like to resit modules which would help me with my degree classification.

Also If this was the case, would this automatically boost up my mark to a 2:2 or would it be a separate degree in itself?

Thanks
    If this is a UK degree, then the result you have is your final result. You have no way of improving it 18 months after graduation.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by sundeep525)

Thanks
    You can't retake modules failed at one uni at another uni, and have the first uni accredit those modules. A uni can only accredit its own modules. & you can't retake modules 2 years after you failed them.

There's something in the uni rules about taking exams/course work for particular has to be completed as block in the same year for it to count. Retakes must be taken in the same year, but a month or so later (not 2 years!).

You'd have to redo the whole degree (all 3 years of it).

ReputationRep:
    Mods please delete this thread, due to lack of anonymity. my mistake

Thanks all.

Poll
Do you think parents should charge rent?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.