The Student Room Group

Solutions to do certain modules of degree after graduating with poor result

Hi,

I finished with a 3rd from my law degree at my university. I graduated in 2015.

I didn't fail any modules collectively, however in my Company Law modules I failed the coursework assessment with 0% and Commercial law Coursework with 35%.

Due to this, it dragged me down to a third. It was due to extenuating circumstances, however this wasn't taken into account as it passed the deadline.

That is just the background.

My issue is what process can I take to 'retake' certain modules to place myself higher than a 3rd in my degree?

Is there any university where I can use previous accreditation and just take certain modules again as I already have the credits to then make this LLB honours into a 2:2 or 2:1.

I wouldn't want to do the entire third year again, not that I can at my university as I technically passed, I would like to resit modules which would help me with my degree classification.

Also If this was the case, would this automatically boost up my mark to a 2:2 or would it be a separate degree in itself?

Thanks
I'd be absolutely amazed if any university allowed you to do take individual modules and combine them with modules from a completed degree taken elsewhere.

You might consider whether there is any route where you can appeal the decision to reject your claim for extenuating circumstances at your original university, but otherwise I am certain you are going to be stuck with your 3rd.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending