Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    I am struggling creating a multi area network in Packet Tracer. I would really appreciate any ideas. The network consists of:
    - 1 Headquarter
    -1 Training Centre
    -16 Area sites (not all 16 PCs are needed but the IP address range must be x.x.x.1-x.x.x.16)
    -1 Disaster Reovery
    -70 Police Stations (not all 70 PCs are required but the IP address range must be x.x.x.1-x.x.x.70)
    -a cloud

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Blobby195)
    I am struggling creating a multi area network in Packet Tracer. I would really appreciate any ideas. The network consists of:
    - 1 Headquarter
    -1 Training Centre
    -16 Area sites (not all 16 PCs are needed but the IP address range must be x.x.x.1-x.x.x.16)
    -1 Disaster Reovery
    -70 Police Stations (not all 70 PCs are required but the IP address range must be x.x.x.1-x.x.x.70)
    -a cloud
    What are you actually struggling with? The topology and layout? Configuration?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Acsel)
    What are you actually struggling with? The topology and layout? Configuration?
    I am struggling with both the topology and layout. The network must be a structured network so the opposite of an ad-hoc network and I am struggling how to achieve it. I mainly need help with the layout.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Blobby195)
    I am struggling with both the topology and layout. The network must be a structured network so the opposite of an ad-hoc network and I am struggling how to achieve it. I mainly need help with the layout.
    Well start with what you know. I assume multi area network means a network that's configured across multiple geographical locations. Basically some sort of WAN. So the Headquarters and Training Centre are in completely different locations. This would mean they need seperate local networks and some sort of link connecting them (routers that allow them to connect to the Internet for example). You've got a list of things to include, all you really need to do is connect them together.

It's not entirely clear if the 16 area sites and 70 police stations are supposed to be seperate sites (so each would need a local network) or if they are meant to represent one network (with 16 or 70 computers for example). I'm assuming the latter since it mentions IP addresses. If they're all on the same network then you need to consider how you would connect them. Would you really have one massive switch connected to 70 computers? No you wouldn't. Think about how you can break that down

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Will you be richer or poorer than your parents?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.