Turn on thread page Beta

I want to quit AS levels but what else can I do? watch

ReputationRep:
    I achieved 1 A*, 4 A's, 5 B's and 1 C at GCSE and was highly determined to complete A levels in maths, psychology and biology in order to go into higher education and become a criminal psychologist. I now only do 2 A levels, maths and psychology, due to my health being poor. I've lost all motivation and I have no interest in any of it anymore. I've looked at apprenticeships in my area but there's nothing I would like to do. It's stressing me out and has been bringing me down recently. What should I do?? I don't know what to do with my life.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by jxdemarie)
    I achieved 1 A*, 4 A's, 5 B's and 1 C at GCSE and was highly determined to complete A levels in maths, psychology and biology in order to go into higher education and become a criminal psychologist. I now only do 2 A levels, maths and psychology, due to my health being poor. I've lost all motivation and I have no interest in any of it anymore. I've looked at apprenticeships in my area but there's nothing I would like to do. It's stressing me out and has been bringing me down recently. What should I do?? I don't know what to do with my life.
    Hey there! First of all, I'm sorry you're feeling like this - having health issues (physical or mental) whilst at school is tough

What I'd suggest first is to decide whether you would like to complete A levels or not. If you would, go speak to your head of sixth form/year 12 or the careers advisor and ask if it's possible for you to pick up an AS level next year. I have a friend with a fatigue disorder, and she's only done 2 A Levels and will be starting another one next year and carrying that through. You would have to stay on at school for longer though, and you'd need to talk to your school about it but it is doable! Another possible option would be to do your 2 a levels and then an EPQ if your school offers it as some unis accept that as another qualification

If you're really not wanting to continue in education, then my advice would just be to keep looking. You could also look at college courses to do if you'd prefer, but keeping an eye on what's available is all you can do there. Again, I'd go see your careers advisor because they might know of some avenues you've not looked at. If possible though I'd suggest trying to get through AS, because you can access the better apprenticeships with a couple of a level ualifications (especially maths!)

But my final word to you would be to try not to worry - very few people know what they want to do in year 12. I'm in year 13 and only just became aware of what I want to study at uni - I have no idea what I want to be after that! Try to keep working at it even when it feels pointless and you have no motivation, because when you no longer feel like that then you'll probably kick yourself. Get your friends to take you out or make you revise etc, and don't be afraid to let them know how you're feeling - friends are made to help you through times like these

I hope everything goes well for you - if you ever want to talk to someone random about whatever, my PM is always open! You'll get there I promise ❤️

Poll
How are you feeling in the run-up to Results Day 2018?
Help with your A-levels

All the essentials

The adventure begins mug

Student life: what to expect

What it's really like going to uni

Rosette

Essay expert

Learn to write like a pro with our ultimate essay guide.

Uni match

Uni match

Our tool will help you find the perfect course for you

Study planner

Create a study plan

Get your head around what you need to do and when with the study planner tool.

Study planner

Resources by subject

Everything from mind maps to class notes.

Hands typing

Degrees without fees

Discover more about degree-level apprenticeships.

A student doing homework

Study tips from A* students

Students who got top grades in their A-levels share their secrets

Study help links and info

Can you help? Study help unanswered threadsRules and posting guidelines

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.