Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Iranian Free Speech Supporter attacked by SJWs Watch

ReputationRep:
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=F5FGDFKeg9k

Absolutely distgusting; the guy went to a lecture by Milo Yiannopoulous; ergo supporting the free exchange of ideas.

Only to find that it was cancelled because of a riot by left wing collectivist anarchists, communists and social justice warriors.

The gentleman rightly protests in favour of free speech and mentions that in Iran, the country he emigrated from, street thuggery like this is commonplace, as he has travelled to see this lecture and gets pushed, harassed and at one point one of them drape him in the anarcho-syndicalist flag (which could've suffocated him.)

We also see a fat ginger neckbeard SJW attack the cameraman and attempts to damage his equipment.

I think it's time we stop calling these people liberal and bowing down to their Orwellian newspeak, liberals do not engage in intolerance and violent protests against people with opposing political views in this way, that is in fact the antithesis of liberalism.

These people are fascist, let's start calling a spade a spade.

Thoughts anyone?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Connor27)

Absolutely distgusting; the guy went to a lecture by Milo Yiannopoulous; ergo supporting the free exchange of ideas.

Only to find that it was cancelled because of a riot by left wing collectivist anarchists, communists and social justice warriors.

The gentleman rightly protests in favour of free speech and mentions that in Iran, the country he emigrated from, street thuggery like this is commonplace, as he has travelled to see this lecture and gets pushed, harassed and at one point one of them drape him in the anarcho-syndicalist flag (which could've suffocated him.)

We also see a fat ginger neckbeard SJW attack the cameraman and attempts to damage his equipment.

I think it's time we stop calling these people liberal and bowing down to their Orwellian newspeak, liberals do not engage in intolerance and violent protests against people with opposing political views in this way, that is in fact the antithesis of liberalism.

Thoughts anyone?
    Of course they completely intolerant and yes need to be called out on it

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    You have to be a really special snowflake to classify that as a riot.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Quantex)
    Perhaps I should clarify; this 'protest' included the vandalism of property: windows were smashed, cars were set alight. These are not shown in this video that I have chosen however, should've probably mentioned that.

ReputationRep:

Thoughts anyone?
    Iran is not the west.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by BasharIbnNusayri)
    Iran is not the west.
    It was, beautifully so, until the communist infiltrator Jimmy Carter helped overthrow the Shah and established a totalitarian theocratic, fascist state from one of the greatest ancient civilisations the world has ever seen.

ReputationRep:
    my boy

a similar thing happened with Maryam Namazie (also Iranian) when she gave a speech at Goldsmiths University in London, some ISOC thugs gatecrashed it and didn't let her speak (video below).

Iranians know more than most about the value of free speech (and the cost of (religious) dictatorship), to have some pussy SJWs in the West object to free speech must be a real kick in the balls to everyone who suffers from a lack of free speech in Iran etc.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Palmyra)
    my boy

a similar thing happened with Maryam Namazie (also Iranian) when she gave a speech at Goldsmiths University in London, some ISOC thugs gatecrashed it and didn't let her speak (video below).

Iranians know more than most about the value of free speech (and the cost of (religious) dictatorship), to have some pussy SJWs in the West object to free speech must be a real kick in the balls to everyone who suffers from a lack of free speech in Iran etc.

those damn muslamics and their ray guns!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by BasharIbnNusayri)
    those damn muslamics and their ray guns!
    Trying to deflect legitimate criticism of Muslims/Islam (or even the pointing out of acts of Muslims) by recourse to a complete straw man argument, à la (no pun intended) "Muslamics"/"ray gains", is not going to get you very far.

ReputationRep:
    The school administration called it 'non-violent' which it was if you exclude assault and property damage
    As well as threatening to hold the college republicans responsible for any damage caused and not the organiser of the protest who obviously has money to waste majoring in women's studies

"we anticipated that there would be a high level chance for people to get hurt and we didn’t want to put people in danger.”
    The funniest quote for why they didn't want to protest the march the next day considering what they had done during their protest

“The Fascists of the future will be the anti-fascists.” Somebody who isn't Churchill

ReputationRep:
    Amazing.

God I hate SJWs.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Quantex)
    The number of SJWs repping this is sickening totally ignore the assault and suppression of free speech, and the fact that I quantified the riot allegation in the post below...
    • Political Ambassador

ReputationRep:
    Disgusting, those ganging up on the gentleman will no doubt invariably believe that they are morally righteous. He did a great job of standing up for himself - defending his beliefs and his right to be there. Persians are strong and intelligent people.
    • Political Ambassador

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by SinsNotTragedies)
    Disgusting, those ganging up on the gentleman will no doubt invariably believe that they are morally righteous. He did a great job of standing up for himself - defending his beliefs and his right to be there. Persians are strong and intelligent people.
    Don't dismiss 40% of a country's population.
    • Political Ambassador

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Pikachū)
    Don't dismiss 40% of a country's population.
    I know - soon after submitting, I realised I probably should have written Iranian. But the statement is true nonetheless.

So, the SJWs who encourage freedom speech (so therefore oppose some of what's happening in Iran) are basically behaving in the same way as the people they oppose?

ReputationRep:
      These immature, silver-spooned brats cannot even comprehend the harsh reality of 'freedom' in Iran.

Can anyone even begin to comprehend if your country, having one of the greatest history of civilisation, destroy it's own thousands of years of heritage along with the peoples freedom due to foreign influence?

My uncle was killed during the Iranian revolution when trying to protest the country will become a totalitarian system. That's a REAL cause.

Meanwhile these Liberal Arts graduates are trying to spread the word of more than 2 genders?

ReputationRep:
      The number of SJWs repping this is sickening totally ignore the assault and suppression of free speech, and the fact that I quantified the riot allegation in the post below...
      oh look at you little special snowflake, getting triggered over upvotes.

ReputationRep:
      These people are fascist,
      That is unequivocally wrong. Don't insult me.
      • Political Ambassador
      • Welcome Squad

ReputationRep:
      Have to watch at home.

Submit reply
    TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: January 17, 2017
  1. See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

2. Poll
    Did TEF Bronze Award affect your UCAS choices?
    Useful resources

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
  3. See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

4. The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.