Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

What's the hardest video game you've played... Watch

• Community Assistant

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Willy Pete)
    My batteries don't seem to explode that much, but I have them in a cave, with a cooled environment and a fire popper just in case. Did you leave it out in the rain?

I have discovered that having a decent Teak farm and a few wood burners is a great way to go since they take 30 days to grow but produce about 4500 wood every harvest, just wall it off from beavers and you will never need to worry again. And even if your colonist doesn't can the plant cut skill but the grow skill they can still cut down the trees since they are being farmed.
    First one I did but I put them in their own shelters after. I would consider the teak farm if I didn't remember the nightmare that was space because I had to build my walls so large. Also hated building around mined out mountains because my settlers whined about dust... and had a mental breakdown and got attacked by some weird **** after going outside naked.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Vikingninja)
    First one I did but I put them in their own shelters after. I would consider the teak farm if I didn't remember the nightmare that was space because I had to build my walls so large. Also hated building around mined out mountains because my settlers whined about dust... and had a mental breakdown and got attacked by some weird **** after going outside naked.
    I never really built an external wall, just chunk barriers in front of my turrets and I choose mountainous regions for natural defence.
    I think dust has been removed, I have not seen it come up on mine.

Also mortars are OP, once you build a couple of them surrounded by walls most enemies don't see it coming and they have ridiculous rage making even the most retarded member of your team vaguely useful in a fight.

ReputationRep:
    All you had to do, was follow the damn train CJ!
    • Community Assistant

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Willy Pete)
    I never really built an external wall, just chunk barriers in front of my turrets and I choose mountainous regions for natural defence.
    I think dust has been removed, I have not seen it come up on mine.

Also mortars are OP, once you build a couple of them surrounded by walls most enemies don't see it coming and they have ridiculous rage making even the most retarded member of your team vaguely useful in a fight.
    With the dust it was with stuff like mining part of a wall and it was then dirty so then needed cleaning to make it more appealing to look at. With one of my bases I built in a cluster of mountains and late game I built walls to connect game with the longest having a gab which made the AI target there and had turrets and extra sandbags around. I never got to having mortars, the turrets and some other mechanical upgrade already took long enough.

ReputationRep:
    Maybe Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles (NES).
    • Section Leader

ReputationRep:
    Thunderscape. 1995 RPG dungeon crawler. Stupidly huge maps, ridiculously hard to figure out puzzles, and at least one point where, if you screwed up (and believe me, I very nearly did) then it becomes impossible to progress further, despite the game not telling you this.
    • Community Assistant

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by AngryJellyfish)
    Thunderscape. 1995 RPG dungeon crawler. Stupidly huge maps, ridiculously hard to figure out puzzles, and at least one point where, if you screwed up (and believe me, I very nearly did) then it becomes impossible to progress further, despite the game not telling you this.
    Sounds like rimworld minus the puzzles and it technically goes on forever. Also its a survival strategy.
    • Section Leader

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Vikingninja)
    Sounds like rimworld minus the puzzles and it technically goes on forever. Also its a survival strategy.
    Thunderscape's also sword & sorcery, the combat is turn-based, and it's 3D, first-person perspective... I'm not seeing the similarities, I'll be honest. :giggle:

ReputationRep:
    Even though I quit gaming to focus on life I'm going to reminisce a bit

Hardest moments:

Cod 2 (The 2005 one) on veteran
    Cod WaW on veteran
    Halo reach solo on legendary
    Gears of War 4 solo on insane
    Duke Nukem forever on insane because of the God awful AI
    Doing that dam test of war challenge on shadow of Mordor
    • Community Assistant

ReputationRep:
    Hardest game I have ever played? there are a lot games which can be named just to speak for myself, especially the ones I haven't finished. In retrospective and in terms of games I have finished, Super Mario World for SNES was really tough to play as a child. The hardest unfinished game has to be Super Ghouls and Ghostst for SNES. It is one of my youngest games and I am so sure that I will never play that through in this life. It is too difficult to come to an end. -.-
    • Community Assistant

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by AngryJellyfish)
    Thunderscape's also sword & sorcery, the combat is turn-based, and it's 3D, first-person perspective... I'm not seeing the similarities, I'll be honest. :giggle:
    ... they're both really ****ing hard.

ReputationRep:
    I can't decide on just one. But these spring to mind...

R-Type and Gradius series
    Alien Soldier
    Mega Man series
    Ghosts 'n Goblins
    Ninja Gaiden (NES)
    Shadow Dancer (Arcade)
    Wipeout (PS1)
    SMB The Lost Levels
    Metroid (NES)
    Kid Icarus (NES)
    • Community Assistant

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by noggins)
    I can't decide on just one. But these spring to mind...

R-Type and Gradius series
    Alien Soldier
    Mega Man series
    Ghosts 'n Goblins
    Ninja Gaiden (NES)
    Shadow Dancer (Arcade)
    Wipeout (PS1)
    SMB The Lost Levels
    Metroid (NES)
    Kid Icarus (NES)
    Oh yeah, there are parts of these series which were very tricky. The most difficult part to play through was the third one for NES, especially playing it as in young ages. There are even some of them which I couldn't play through yet, just too tough.

Do you mean Super Ghouls and Ghost for SNES instead? played that game a few times yet. But I am so sure I will never finish it. Just too hard to get it.

ReputationRep:
    Evil Within I've found a little difficult, I remember I was stuck on chapter three was months and as soon as I started progressing through the game---what do you know? I'm stuck on this other chapter which doesn't save, so you have to start all the hassle again at the checkpoint.

Oh, Injustice Leauge---I'm slowly getting better but I use that weakly. It's hard...

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Pedrex)
    Alien isolation-nightmare difficulty
    Not tried that level on the game!

ReputationRep:
    The Witcher 3: Wild Hunt on Blood and Broken Bones Difficulty
    Metal Gear Solid V: The Phantom Pain (Not sure whether that had an adjustable difficulty setting)

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Kallisto)
    Oh yeah, there are parts of these series which were very tricky. The most difficult part to play through was the third one for NES, especially playing it as in young ages. There are even some of them which I couldn't play through yet, just too tough.

Do you mean Super Ghouls and Ghost for SNES instead? played that game a few times yet. But I am so sure I will never finish it. Just too hard to get it.

Super Ghouls is possibly the least challenging game of that series. It's a very good game mind. I played it a couple of years ago and reached the ghost ship stage. I still need to get round to playing Ultimate Ghosts 'n Goblins which came out on PSP a decade ago now.

The early Castlevania games were pretty tough aswell with often being knocked backwards in to holes by flying enemies.
    • Community Assistant

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by noggins)
    x
    The least challenging game? Castlevania harder than Super Ghouls and Ghosts? oh gosh, that has to be a game for experts, if that is true. Know the castlevania games, have even thought to buy them, but they are too expensive by now.

By the way did you have play the Mega Man X series too?

ReputationRep:
    Probably snake rattle n roll on NES. Really good game.

ReputationRep:
    Oh, definitely Fable 3. It was almost impossible to finish that game!

Spoiler:
    Show
    Seriously though, I'll just go for boring old answer: Dark Souls. Although The Legend of Zelda: Majora's Mask on the N64 could be quite challenging.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: November 11, 2017
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Did TEF Bronze Award affect your UCAS choices?
    Useful resources

Quick link:

Unanswered gaming threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.