Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

What's the hardest video game you've played... Watch

ReputationRep:
    Clearly mario kart rainbow road, I never managed to unlock the mirror cup on that tournament because of stupid rainbow road.
    • Community Assistant

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Shadow Hunters)
    Clearly mario kart rainbow road, I never managed to unlock the mirror cup on that tournament because of stupid rainbow road.
    And what a Mario Kart game are you talking about exactly? the hardest Rainbow Road I have played was the one in SNES version. Hated these flashing coming off stones and the fact there were no barriers what always led to falling down when crossing the edges of the road.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Toasticide)
    that ISNT something blatantly obvious like Dark souls.

I don't play many hard games (im a scrub XD) so for me it's Super Hexagon
    Seeing as you said we can't mention Dark Souls, I guess for me the second hardest game I ever played would be a tie between The Walking Dead and The Last of Us. It wasn't hard in terms of combat but emotionally hard. I wasn't prepared for how emotional the games could get. I had to take breaks from playing them because of how depressing the games got.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by noggins)
    I can't decide on just one. But these spring to mind...

R-Type and Gradius series
    Alien Soldier
    Mega Man series
    Ghosts 'n Goblins
    Ninja Gaiden (NES)
    Shadow Dancer (Arcade)
    Wipeout (PS1)
    SMB The Lost Levels
    Metroid (NES)
    Kid Icarus (NES)
    I could never get far in Shadow Dancer.

ReputationRep:
    I think CS:GO is pretty hard. I am FACEIT level 10 and I've played against insane players before like ScreaM and Uzziii who have inhuman movement and one tap you instantly

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Nalle)
    Oh, definitely Fable 3. It was almost impossible to finish that game!

Spoiler:
    Show

Seriously though, I'll just go for boring old answer: Dark Souls. Although The Legend of Zelda: Majora's Mask on the N64 could be quite challenging.

Posted from TSR Mobile
    In what way??

Do you mean doing the good choices but still have enough money so everyone survives?

I didnt really do that. I guess if you started investing in houses from the start then its quite simple. But most people didnt know what was going to happen until it was too late.

I did a mixture of bad and good choices. (Can't remember exactly.) I took a break to earn as much money as I can but it wasnt enough and wasn't that patient so I had to make some bad choices. Ill look it up later and see if i can remmeber.

ReputationRep:
    Catherine and Jak II are games that probably don't get enough credit for their difficulty. There's a defence level on Jak II that's frustratingly difficult to beat

ReputationRep:
    Anybody ever played Payday:The Heist on overkill mode? That takes some getting used to. It's a bit like playing Goldeneye on 00 mode.

Also, I was just watching old games videos on youtube and can't believe I forgot to mention Desert Strike in my original post :eek3:

ReputationRep:
    starcraft 2, it's like trying to play chess and juggle at the same time

ReputationRep:
    Moonstone (1991 - Amiga Commodore)
    • Community Assistant

ReputationRep:
    My 2nd most hardest which isn't a strategy is an MMO called Eden Eternal because of how brutal some of the bosses were (and also because I wasn't a p2w user). The hardest boss I remember which sticks in my memory does the following:

Summons 2 clones, one is immune to physical dmg and reflects double of what it would receive, the other clone does the same with magic. Each clone applies a stacking debuff, one reduces your max MP over time so if they're up for a while then you can't be healed and do much dmg so bugger all happens.

The only time I beat this boss was because we had a guy who was 10 levels above this boss and was actually geared well for his level.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Kholmes1)
    In what way??

Do you mean doing the good choices but still have enough money so everyone survives?

I didnt really do that. I guess if you started investing in houses from the start then its quite simple. But most people didnt know what was going to happen until it was too late.

I did a mixture of bad and good choices. (Can't remember exactly.) I took a break to earn as much money as I can but it wasnt enough and wasn't that patient so I had to make some bad choices. Ill look it up later and see if i can remmeber.
    I found the game was awful, how there was no prior warning that you'd have to make loads of gold before the last part of the game, if you didn't want a rundown kingdom with everyone hating you. Even worse was the fact that you'd jump from like 100 days to the attack to 1 day 0-0

ReputationRep:
    Bayonetta has just been re-released for PC. I used to play it on PS3 and found it so challenging that I had to switch the difficulty to easy to get any where, haha.
    • Welcome Squad

ReputationRep:
    QWOP, hands down.

And legs down.

Everything is down and I can't f**king run SMH

ReputationRep:
    Some of the earlier games like those on the Sega Mega Drive were hard because there was no save option, you just had a set amount of continues and there's no restart points or anything. Zombies Ate My Neighbours was insanely hard.
    • Community Assistant

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by WoodyMKC)
    Some of the earlier games like those on the Sega Mega Drive were hard because there was no save option, you just had a set amount of continues and there's no restart points or anything. Zombies Ate My Neighbours was insanely hard.
    Such desribed games by yourself are the hardest to play anyway. Have some of them, but none of those games ever played through. They are so difficult that they pissed me off sometimes by gaming.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Shadow Hunters)
    i don't know which mario kart game you mean but on mario kart 8 the rainbow road is a joke on 200cc. i always played wii and when my little bro invited me to 8 a couple of days ago we did some 150cc stuff and i was constantly 1st then he put it to 200cc and i went straight to 10-12th XD

ReputationRep:
    actually, ive changed my mind. with super hexagon just spend a decent while and u beat the level easily. currently stuck on hyper hexagonest (and i never will beat it as its stupidly hard!)
    now id say the hardest i've played (again never beaten) is insane mode on castle crashers. with the red knight u can cheese it by buzzing all the enemies and learning the boss tactics.... any other knight and u have a bad time

ReputationRep:
    FInal fantasy, cheat free
    • Community Assistant

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Toasticide)
    i don't know which mario kart game you mean but on mario kart 8 the rainbow road is a joke on 200cc. i always played wii and when my little bro invited me to 8 a couple of days ago we did some 150cc stuff and i was constantly 1st then he put it to 200cc and i went straight to 10-12th XD
    Isn't kart 8 rainbow road really boring as its just a linear rainbow coloured track with the rock face things? Mario kart wii rainbow road was amazing.

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: November 11, 2017
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Did TEF Bronze Award affect your UCAS choices?
    Useful resources

Quick link:

Unanswered gaming threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.