Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

What's the hardest video game you've played... Watch

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Vikingninja)
    Isn't kart 8 rainbow road really boring as its just a linear rainbow coloured track with the rock face things? Mario kart wii rainbow road was amazing.
    you're thinking of SNES rainbow road, that appeared in 7 again. Definitely not the most boring, the original N64 was just a load of straight lines and a couple of sharp turns.

Yeah the wii one was amazing! it's a little similar in terms of difficult-ish turns though. the new one isn't stupidly difficult in general, with enough time u master it, but imagine doing the wii one extra fast, that's a tad bit easier imo

but yeah, wii and DS were my favourite, both because i grew up with them but wii is in general pretty cool
    • Community Assistant

ReputationRep:
    Community Assistant
    (Original post by Toasticide)
    you're thinking of SNES rainbow road, that appeared in 7 again. Definitely not the most boring, the original N64 was just a load of straight lines and a couple of sharp turns.

Yeah the wii one was amazing! it's a little similar in terms of difficult-ish turns though. the new one isn't stupidly difficult in general, with enough time u master it, but imagine doing the wii one extra fast, that's a tad bit easier imo

but yeah, wii and DS were my favourite, both because i grew up with them but wii is in general pretty cool
    The hardest thing on the Wii was getting mii outfit B because of the ghost map, the time on that was a nightmare, that was the only time trial I didn't complete on a good enough time to get it.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Vikingninja)
    The hardest thing on the Wii was getting mii outfit B because of the ghost map, the time on that was a nightmare, that was the only time trial I didn't complete on a good enough time to get it.
    ah, the memories of wondering how the hell you could produce blue sparks and get "infinite boosts".
    i tried to beat the ghost data on many levels, but it took years until i figured out what manual mode was :P

ReputationRep:
    Call of duty
    • Community Assistant

ReputationRep:
    Community Assistant
    (Original post by Toasticide)
    ah, the memories of wondering how the hell you could produce blue sparks and get "infinite boosts".
    i tried to beat the ghost data on many levels, but it took years until i figured out what manual mode was :P
    Yeah I was a bit of a noob as I never got the hang of drifting so I kept in auto.

ReputationRep:
    Super mario sunshine, I hate that :innocent::innocent::innocent::innocent:ing game. Took me forever to complete, I need to go back and play it again.

ReputationRep:
    This little beauty of a game .... 'shudders' ....
    Name:  536eda5622c93.jpg
Views: 44
Size:  75.7 KB

ReputationRep:
    Sorry big man

ReputationRep:
    Dota 2.

It's hard to master or even get decent at.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by loooopppyyy)
    This little beauty of a game .... 'shudders' ....
    Name:  536eda5622c93.jpg
Views: 44
Size:  75.7 KB

Have you played the even tougher first game Ghosts n Goblins?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by noggins)
    Have you played the even tougher first game Ghosts n Goblins?
    No lol, 6 hours on this was enough, I like a challenge and have completed all the demon/dark souls and bloodborne, however this series is next level! O_o

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by toasticide)
    that isnt something blatantly obvious like dark souls.

I don't play many hard games (im a scrub xd) so for me it's super hexagon :d
    my life ....

ReputationRep:
    DayZ on a first person server is pretty tedious.

ReputationRep:
    The sims because i can't even look after myself :-;
    • TSR Group Staff

ReputationRep:
    TSR Group Staff
    Metal gear V is an utter ***** to complete well, also after playing Horizon Zero Dawn (which is excellent) I'm finding the transition from shooting Dino robots in the face to sneaking passed guards overwhelmingly difficult
    Posted on the TSR App. Download from Apple or Google Play
    • TSR Group Staff

ReputationRep:
    TSR Group Staff
    (Original post by noggins)
    I can't decide on just one. But these spring to mind...

R-Type and Gradius series
    Alien Soldier
    Mega Man series
    Ghosts 'n Goblins
    Ninja Gaiden (NES)
    Shadow Dancer (Arcade)
    Wipeout (PS1)
    SMB The Lost Levels
    Metroid (NES)
    Kid Icarus (NES)
    Wipeout...What. A. Game
    • TSR Group Staff

ReputationRep:
    TSR Group Staff
    R-Type is the most difficult game of any type, ever made. near enough impossible to get through the first level.

ReputationRep:
    Anything with InstaKill(tm) that sends you right back to the start of the level/mission/stage
    • Community Assistant

ReputationRep:
    Community Assistant
    After such a long while, I can remember me a retro game which was very tough and so hard that it was almost impossible to play this game through: Silver Surfer for NES!

Have played that a long time ag and it irritated me ever and ever again when I was trying to play that. A little touch with the ceiling, the ground or the opponents and the game character Silver Surfer die!! and on top of it: there is no check-point, so if you failed to accomplish a stage, you as gamer has to begin at the scratch!!!

I can't remember that I have ever played a harder game than that. This game is very famous for this difficulty. Here is a report about this game:

ReputationRep:
    Zelda A link to the past, I couldn't pass the first level and quit. It made me feel super bad as a gamer because I was so excited about playing it.

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: November 11, 2017
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Would you like to hibernate through the winter months?
    Useful resources

Quick link:

Unanswered gaming threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.