Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    Hi

I've sent off my application to Ucas and i was wondering how long would it take roughly to hear back and would I need to have a interview for Primary Education?
    Also is there a applicant portal of some sort like york st john has as i've been sent a email with a student ID and i'm not really sure what it is for?

Thanks
    • Official TSR Representative

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by shoakuma)
    Hi

I've sent off my application to Ucas and i was wondering how long would it take roughly to hear back and would I need to have a interview for Primary Education?
    Also is there a applicant portal of some sort like york st john has as i've been sent a email with a student ID and i'm not really sure what it is for?

Thanks
    Heyyy shoakuma,

Good question! Your student ID is to keep handy in case you need to ring us for anything related to your application. We don't have a specific applicant portal like York St John's, but we do have a section on our website called Study Here and that has lots of resources about accommodation, fees and funding, student stories and information about what Sheffield is really like. There's also a section on getting ready for uni.

Or, if you have any specific questions about university life, your course or living in Sheffield, you can ask me or PM me if you like.

You may be invited to a selection event for Primary Education and there is information on what this will entail on the Primary Ed course page, so you can prepare.

If you applied for uni before 15th January, we will respond to you before May but it's likely you'll hear from us before that. It all depends on the number of applicants and how quickly people are applying for your course. It's a painful wait, but it'll be over in the blink of an eye.

What are you excited for re: starting uni? :bban:

Laura

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by shoakuma)
    Hi

Thanks
    Hello! Did you get a reply? I have my interview on the 31st March but I have no idea what to teach!

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    What newspaper do you read/prefer?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.