Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    Just found out every other Earth Science applicant to UCL are still waiting for their offers.

I've sent mine in October, and have received my offers already from Durham and Imperial to name a few.

Is there is a reason why UCL takes longer?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Stoke123)
    Just found out every other Earth Science applicant to UCL are still waiting for their offers.

I've sent mine in October, and have received my offers already from Durham and Imperial to name a few.

Is there is a reason why UCL takes longer?
    I haven't heard anything for Law either. In fact I haven't heard from anywhere yet apart from Cambridge and I also applied in October!

Maybe you were just higher up the sorting pile at the other places

ReputationRep:
    Honestly it depends on a variety of factors and differs from one institution to the next. Edinburgh, for example, are known to process international applicants first which means that domestic applicants are often left waiting longer than the other unis. To each their own, if others are in the same situation then you'll just have to wait - unis technically have until early may to make their offers. You'll just have to be patient.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by epsilondelta)
    I haven't heard anything for Law either. In fact I haven't heard from anywhere yet apart from Cambridge and I also applied in October! Maybe you were just higher up the sorting pile at the other places
    Many universities have replied already!
    Doubt it, my grades weren't all that perfect. That's why I'm curious about why UCL takes an eon to reply.

(Original post by sammyewan)
    Honestly it depends on a variety of factors and differs from one institution to the next. Edinburgh, for example, are known to process international applicants first which means that domestic applicants are often left waiting longer than the other unis. To each their own, if others are in the same situation then you'll just have to wait - unis technically have until early may to make their offers. You'll just have to be patient.
    The waiting is killing me. [s]bawling[/s
    When do they usually reply?

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Did TEF Bronze Award affect your UCAS choices?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.